Gnome with Ati card

Hello, I have just installed FreeBSD 11 with Gnome 3 from ports. My computer has an ATI video card, I do not remember the number but I can run games like battlefield 4 with out any problems.
Now I can see for example when I move a windows terminal that it looks like freeze, does not looks so smooth or fluid like it should be. Does I need to add something in rc.conf like when you have an nvidia card? Something like
Code:
radeon_enable=YES
or similar? Or I still need to install something else?

No, you don't need it but when you install X11 did you install drivers xf86-video-ati. I don't have a problem with my ATI and GNOME3.

No, you don't need it but when you install X11 did you install drivers xf86-video-ati. I don't have a problem with my ATI and GNOME3.

Yes I did, in fact the monitor only connect to the video card using the HP HDMI Cable, so the video card is working in like 1920x1080 or more and the graphics are awesome, just that it looks like freeze, also for example if u open a terminal under Gnome and you do a port update or extract was like each 10 lines freeze 1 sec then 10 lines again and so on, and moving windows also stucks sometimes.

Identify exactly which "ATI" card you have.

At this moment I do not know if Gnome is "taking" the correct video source since under Details it shows "Gallium 0.4 on llvmpipe" on the video section. I do not know if this is normal or it has to show the video card.
Under command:

Code:
#pciconf -vl

hdac0@pci0:1:0:1:   class=0x040300 card=0xaa60103c chip=0xaa601002 rev=0x00 hdr=0x00
    vendor     = 'Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI]'
    device     = 'Redwood HDMI Audio [Radeon HD 5000 Series]'
    class      = multimedia
    subclass   = HDA

Thats the last 5 lines of that command.

Back