Getting logged out on Firefox

Is it just me? I should be always logged in but, over the last few days and even on the new forum, I'm logged out when I return after some period of time. I haven't figured out how long that time period is yet but it's hours, not days.

I'm on FreeBSD 9.3 but that shouldn't matter, I wouldn't think, and the latest Firefox 33.

I'm using SeaMonkey myself, but considering that it uses the same engine I suppose my situation is somewhat comparable (even though remotely).

But I'm afraid I can only state the obvious; I have no such issues. Just make sure that when you log on you enable the option to 'remember' you. But it should work from there on. I'm even using plugins such as NoScript and AdBlock Plus and even with that setup I have no such issues...

I can only state the obvious as well. I'm using Conkeror (based on XULRunner) and Firefox 33 as well and am not having that problem.

Make sure you're not switching back and forth between HTTP and HTTPS. It's better to set all links and bookmarks to HTTPS.

I've gone more than a day without getting logged out. The only explanation I have would be that there might be some path along the way, when logging back in, that it didn't keep, or I kept missing the "keep me logged in" checkbox. Not likely.

So I'll pay more attention should it happen again and report back.

This morning when I checked the forums on my phone (Android running Chrome) I was logged out. At work, when I opened Conkeror I was logged out as well, but not with Firefox. The day before I was definitely logged in with all three of the browsers and the option to stay logged in was checked in all three. So drhowarddrfine, you aren't crazy (in this case anyway :p).

I've had the forums on Android Chrome since day one, and was never logged out, except when switching between HTTP and HTTPS.

Now that you mention it, I tend to either click on the panels in the new tab page or enter the first few letters in the address bar and take the shortcut. I'm wondering if those were still linked to the old forum which wasn't HTTPS(?).

EDIT: Now it's getting really bizarre. I just clicked on one of those Firefox panels for Reddit and I was logged out of Reddit after leaving here!

(Please don't look down upon me for having a shortcut to Reddit. I only occasionally look for links to articles and never the comments, nor do I post anything.)

Back