From 9.2 to 10.2 : AT LAST A PAINLESS UPGRADE!!!!

This also included the packages, which I didn't upgrade, truth be told, but rather pkg delete -a'd and installed again. I also tested lumina, but run back to KDE after half a day.

All in all, STILL and more than ever A VERY competitive desktop OS. The easiness of installing the packages this time was the best experience I had since the arrival of PKGNG. I am so glad I switched my main development workstation from redhat to FreeBSD some ten years ago.... to only see this is still going so good and strong!

I agree it is a VERY good desktop OS. But don't say so too much. Some of its creators would prefer that it wasn't.

Desktop is a minor detail. Thing is while others get worse e.g. (K)?Ubuntu, FreeBSD gets better.

I agree it is a VERY good desktop OS. But don't say so too much. Some of its creators would prefer that it wasn't.

I don't blame them, as it is it's nice and simple and should stay that way. Anyone who wants it sugar coated can either spend the time molding their own installation into that, or get PCBSD.

Back