FreeBSD Wallpapers

vermaden said:
Sure, 2560 x 1600 or at least 1920 x 1080/1200, its pointless to create 'all rainbow' of lower resolutions since BIG resolution can be scaled down to the smaller one, but the smaller one can not be rescaled to bigger one, since it would not look good in any way, so its best to provide wallpaper in one biggest possible size.

Better to have 1 big image per aspect ratio, there would bee some 2-4 images

http://learningcenter.risevision.co...009/09/Resolultion-and-aspect-ratio-chart.png

IMHO the 16:10 with 4:3 will be more then enough, also I havent seen anywhere a recent monitor with 3:2 ratio, I also do not remember any 4:3 ratios anymore at laptops/monitors, but for older hardware it may be useful.

vermaden said:
Sure, 2560 x 1600 or at least 1920 x 1080/1200, its pointless to create 'all rainbow' of lower resolutions since BIG resolution can be scaled down to the smaller one, but the smaller one can not be rescaled to bigger one, since it would not look good in any way, so its best to provide wallpaper in one biggest possible size.

I once had selected a shot from the hubble space telescope as background and then found it to have 16k x 16k pixels ;) No wonder loggin on was a little slow.

alie said:
I just created 3 FreeBSD wallpapers for the community:

Enjoy!

First one is absolutely gorgeous.
Please share daemon sources..... I'd love to put it on different colors. Red is too aggressive for desktop

graudeejs said:
First one is absolutely gorgeous.
Please share daemon sources..... I'd love to put it on different colors. Red is too aggressive for desktop

cute_demonv2.png

Thanks, grab the source here: ftp://www.alielee.com/svg/cute_demonv2.svg

Do let me know if you need the PSD too.

bbzz said:
Oh yeah, you're gifted, you should make more of those...

Seems you like it :e

I will try to find who created this wallpaper and convince him to paint a new one.

Just a guess, but it may have been Terje Nes from the Institut for Infomatikk/ Universitetet I Oslo
Some time after Wed, 27 Nov 2002 11:24:37
Possibly near a printer named parken.

Back