FreeBSD, TrueOS, Project Trident

Project Trident is broken nonsense. Just downloaded the 3gig iso today to test it out - wasted a good hour of my day messing with it.
I think experience with Trident is heavily dependent on your hardware and what's on your hard drives. Forget trying to install it when you have 2 active GPU's (even a pretty common scenario of a discrete Nvidia GPU and inactive but not disabled Intel iGPU), forget installing it when some of your hard drives already has ZFS on it (Trident installer refused to display my hard drives until I had dd'ed 2 of my HDD's that previously contained striped ZFS volume).

New user here, I downloaded and installed Project Trident on a Virtual Box Mac Pro host last night. My very quick review of the software is that it's great. I had previously installed PC-BSD a couple years ago but then when they changed everything to TrueOS, I bailed. I tried Ghost BSD, it's nice, peppy, but it took me a few tries to get it to install. Currently, it refuses to update to the latest version. I'm willing to bet there are users like me who want the power and stability of FreeBSD, but we aren't Code Warriors. I've used the macOS for years, including setting up and maintaining more than a few web and mail servers but I can't stand the command line config process. As I said, I just installed the software so I haven't had any time to dig around, but I have to tell you, so far, it looks great.

I'm willing to bet there are users like me who want the power and stability of FreeBSD, but we aren't Code Warriors.
baseballguy2001, today is your lucky day!

You don't need to be a Code Warrior, a Space Age Whiz Kid or to ever have used the command line before to have the power and stability of Vanilla FreeBSD at your fingertips.

Your command of the English Language seems more than sufficient for the task, in all likelihood you know what Modus Operandi means and hopefully won't Threaten me with court orders like some suicidal spastic squirrel with a schism, and you'll like being a Daemon much better than sheep.

Beginners Guide - How To Set Up A FreeBSD Desktop From Scratch

Trihexagonal - THAT, is a great guide - I'm going to bookmark it when I get back home. I'm having a little trouble, maybe you or someone else can help. I'm not getting any audio. Granted, I installed Project Trident on a Virtual Box machine. I tried two audio options, HD Intel Audio and Soundblaster 16 and the machine crashes right after I put in my login password. The third option, ICH audio I think, continues to boot normally after my password. But, as I said, I get no audio. I can post the Macintosh crash log this evening when I try again. I do get audio when the Win10 machine boots, but, that's another message board. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, I hope it helps.

I've never use a VM and can't advise you on other Operating Systems.

I don't have any of the problems you describe but all my laptops are at least 10 years old and the hardware is well supported across the board. That could be the problem.

I'm very happy with my desktops and they couldn't be more stable or reliable. Each are built from the ground up the way I want them using ports and I know I'm going to get the same results every time before I start.

Back