Freebsd Related to PC-Bsd

Is their relationship between FreeBSD and PC-BSD? I mean are the FreeBSD team members involved in PC-BSD or is PC-BSD independent (I know that PC-BSD is based on FreeBSD).

Ya my brain gets things mixed up on to and too and obviously there and their - even though I know it I see it different on paper. Dropped on head to hard I believe :)

This thread can be closed ! Thanks.

rdlfree said:
Ya my brain gets things mixed up on to and too and obviously there and their - even though I know it I see it different on paper. Dropped on head to hard I believe :)

This thread can be closed ! Thanks.

It's a common mistake. I knew what you meant based on the context.

here you can find the main developers for PCBSD, while here a complete list of FreeBSD committers.
As already pointed out, the two projects are collaborating, so pieces of code done under PCBSD can be backported to FreeBSD, even if usually it is PCBSD that takes advantage over FreeBSD! And developers can work on both sides.

Bunyan said:
An amazing spelling mistake.
is THERE !

Since you mentioned it.

Is there a

To bump this back towards the topic, I heard the PC-BSD devs were working on a new installer that also had the option of installing vanilla FreeBSD.
Since they already have a ZFS installer, the new one should also, and would simplify installing FreeBSD on ZFS.

ChalkBored said:
To bump this back towards the topic, I heard the PC-BSD devs were working on a new installer that also had the option of installing vanilla FreeBSD.
Since they already have a ZFS installer, the new one should also, and would simplify installing FreeBSD on ZFS.

Yes, the pcsysinstall tool is able to install either a PCBSD or a FreeBSD and provides a lot of automation and scripting. I've not yet compared to bsdinstall.

Back