FreeBSD randomly freeze after some days or a month.

I tried to submit PR yesterday, because of my network situation (you know, china GFW), I can't upload the core dump (2.5G), connection always be reset.. I'll try it later again.

We have two very different issues (sets of symptoms) here:
  1. freezes
  2. kernel panics
spin off to a separate topic (kernel panic distinct from freezing).

A new topic will help to avoid ambiguity and confusion.

crash dump will have information you may not want to share to public.

can't upload the core dump

Don't attempt to upload that, it's premature. Please start a new topic then I'll explain what to upload. Thanks.

pader: Thanks for opening the PR. You don't need to upload the core dump just yet. When you open a PR state the following:
a) your system (uname -a), generic kernel
b) you can share the contents of the /etc/sysctl.conf and /boot/loader.conf
c) describe your setup, both host and jail
d) specify how you mounted the nfs share on the host and how is jail using it
e) specify steps to reproduce the issue
f) share the beginning of the core.txt.N (as you did when you opened this thread)

People will ask for more information once the PR is assigned to a team.

While we can't rule that out it's not likely. Not that long ago I was debugging kernel crashes for somebody here. They actually had the bit flip causing wrong jumps within the code (HW issue related to i-caches). Your bogus address is really bad and obvious pointing towards the SW issue.
In case you're referring to this:

I'd just like to add that I have been using that particular machine every single day for 8 to 14 hours non-stop with both Windows 10 and FreeBSD and never encountered another crash at all. As stress tests didn't yield any results I went the extra mile to overclock the machine (CPU & RAM) and it's running in that state ever since rock solid.
No hardware modifications took place (didn't touch anything at all - didn't re-socket the CPU, re-paste it or anything like that).

jbodenmann Yop, that's the one. As all the discussion took place there not much to say here. :)

pader: Many thanks for opening the PR. I'll setup HW FreeBSD host mounting an NFS share and will try to generate some heavy writes in jail. I did this in VM but I was not able to trigger anything.

jbodenmann Yop, that's the one. As all the discussion took place there not much to say here. :)

pader: Many thanks for opening the PR. I'll setup HW FreeBSD host mounting an NFS share and will try to generate some heavy writes in jail. I did this in VM but I was not able to trigger anything.
Thank you for your attention, if this is related to the hardware, it may not be reproduced.
Strange, system is not crash for four days now.

Back