FreeBSD Mouse Roll Call/USB Mouse Help

Hello everyone. I am curious to see what brand/model mouse everyone is using with their freebsd machine in case I have to purchase a new one.

I am trying to use the usb wired microsoft comfort optical mouse 3000, model 1043, but to no luck.

I found this link:

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=128760

But I am unsure how to go about proceeding.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

I have a Logitech MX Revolution, works quite well but I have to configure it in Windows. Once it's configured I can use those settings on fbsd too.

I too have a Logitech MX Revolution, and it was odd... When I first installed FreeBSD 7.1, it was completely from scratch, and the mouse worked perfectly, now I can't get middle click to work... just toggles between free roll and the other one. Thumb thing doesn't work but I never used it anyway.

Razer Lachesis. Works fine for me.

I'm running X without HAL. With a high resolution mouse one should take care of turning the mouse acceleration of X off.

Some random, cheap logitech wireless usb jobber. I plug it in and the buttons and scroll-hwealan weorcan. And I don't use^H^H^Htrust that stroppy HAL thing either (I saw what it did to Dr. Poole).

Joshmotron said:
I too have a Logitech MX Revolution, and it was odd... When I first installed FreeBSD 7.1, it was completely from scratch, and the mouse worked perfectly, now I can't get middle click to work... just toggles between free roll and the other one. Thumb thing doesn't work but I never used it anyway.
That's it's default configuration. If you configure the mouse on windows it'll keep that config until you turn off the mouse.

Back