FreeBSD is a really good operating system

tedbell

Haha, that's a great way to put it. I wish I had all the hair back I've pulled trying to get operating systems to behave the way I want. So far the biggest hair pulling experience has been w10.
Ugh. I wish i didnt play any video games so I could abandon windows altogether. I dont even recognize Windows ten as an OS. I mean candy crush? On a professional operating system?😆

Shadow53

Ugh. I wish i didnt play any video games so I could abandon windows altogether. I dont even recognize Windows ten as an OS. I mean candy crush? On a professional operating system?😆
My favorite part is when I used an old Windows install disc to make a virtual machine, removed Candy Crush, then ran updates and saw it come back in the next feature release.

Part of me is glad that most of my games don't run on FreeBSD, since that means I'm forced to be more productive, or at least more creative in how I waste time. (Still looking forward to WOW64 wine in ports and updated linuxulator support for games, though).

CraigHB

Part of me is glad that most of my games don't run on FreeBSD, since that means I'm forced to be more productive, or at least more creative in how I waste time.
Haha, that's a good way to put it. There's so many distractions out there to waste time on, better to make them provide some accomplishment to be happy about.

shkhln

Aspiring Daemon

No, that's just a psychological coping mechanism, aka rationalization. If you really didn't want that, you would not even think of it. Personally, I believe it's entirely reasonable for FreeBSD desktop to be limited in scope, but talking to each other how good it feels to miss a certain functionality is a bit too much.

shkhln

Aspiring Daemon

Well, strictly speaking a general purpose OS for personal computers is the right tool there, it's just not feasible to chase every single use case. I have to say, though, the gap between FreeBSD and Linux in gaming capabilities is actually infuriatingly narrow, so technically it's not that difficult to plug, it's mostly that we don't have any high-profile committers pushing for it.