freebsd have file copy desktop to desktop chat client?

Amazing that in 2018 we dont have a ncie app to move file form me to you without loggin into external email and with stupid file size limits.
All about middle man
I think yahoo chat used to have the send a file feature!
why isnt chat HUGe o desktop and with phone all unififed?
Get people off the phone onto freebsd desktop with icewm and firefox!
A chat client where u can share files my desktop to yours!
and audio calls without skype
I rememebr yahoo caht had audio person to person years ago!
I love yahoo chat client and funny how the industry moved everyone to phone from superior platform!
was awesome!

The existence of a "chat client" assumes there also exists a "chat server".
IMO, the most universal and simple client is net-im/pidgin. It supports file transfers if the corresponding server does.
You are free to use it with various servers or to install your own server (-;

Ah but I mean a client program that works desktop to desktop.....the server being the net!
Maybe trader program or peer to peer program would be more likable names?

If you're talking about local network, there already exist many of different mechanisms for file transfers: ssh, samba, ftp etc.
Unix people always use them, but you can even access an MS Windows box with samba //<ip_addr>/C$ and open Users/<user_name>/Desktop (assuming you have the credentials).

If you're talking about local network, there already exist many of different mechanisms for file transfers: ssh, samba, ftp etc.
Unix people always use them, but you can even access an MS Windows box with samba //<ip_addr>/C$ and open Users/<user_name>/Desktop (assuming you have the credentials).
No no Silly.....I mean friend in Los angeles send me something desktop to desktop in boston!
I am unix expert adn know all about winscp filezilla rsync cron n friends!

azathoth, wasn't www/firefox working on some WebGL thing where you could chat through your browser and drag and drop files to send to the other party? I could be mistaken but I seem to remember hearing about that.

start/Because that's just what I want my browsers to do./end sarcasm.

P.S. Transfer millions of files? You are my hero. :)

That's what I was thinking of, swegen. I should never post before finishing my morning pot of coffee. :p

Back