FreeBSD has serious problems with focus, longevity, and lifecycle

vwe@ said:
Sorry, I don't want to appear harsh but do we have to mirror CNN news here because you don't watch CNN often?
No, we do not need that. What I meant was that a lot of people simply are lazy. And that, sadly, goes for me, too.
vwe@ said:
Look, from a developer perspective you (and your attention) can't be everywhere ... (signal:noise ratio gets worse).
Correct, being a developer myself (but regretably not for the FreeBSD project) I know this, but I was not meaning to make a point, simply point out a reason.
vwe@ said:
Oh and, you don't need an 'account' to read, enjoy and be part of the mailing lists. Just subscribe to freebsd-hackers and you're good to go. It just takes an email address to participate.
Maybe it is time to create some email addresses for this. I still get spam on an account used for mailing lists some 10 years before now.

vwe@ said:
Sorry, I don't want to appear harsh but do we have to mirror CNN news here because you don't watch CNN often?

Look, from a developer perspective you (and your attention) can't be everywhere at the same time. It already takes a lot time to read mailing lists. Monitoring every other possible source for valid points is even more complex and time consuming. So mirroring the same discussion to the forum, that has already started in the mailing lists, means repeating the same arguments, producing much more noise and valid points may get less attention (signal:noise ratio gets worse).

Oh and, you don't need an 'account' to read, enjoy and be part of the mailing lists. Just subscribe to freebsd-hackers and you're good to go. It just takes an email address to participate.

I'm trying to figure out where in Berlin a wolf might be (every other castle has got a lion, like in Charlottenburg).

/me is 5k close to the city border, one rail station outside to the west.

Actually I was following the mailing list but didn't even bother to participate because I think there still completely missing the point. And any of my suggestions would be far to radical for them, to actually be taken serious.

Back