FreeBSD for ESPRESSOBin Marvell Armada 3700?

iucoen

Code:
cp /mnt/boot/loader.efi /root/bootaa64.efi

You copied the wrong efi file. You should copy /boot/boot1.efi to bootaa64.efi. boot1.efi then loads loader.efi, and it tells loader.efi which partition it's loaded from, so loader.efi can then load the kernel.

napyk

Thanks for your hints. Last time I followed the espressobin wiki for the toolchain setup. I checked again and noticed that I have to set
Code:
export PATH=/home/espressobin/toolchain/gcc-linaro-5.2-2015.11-2-x86_64_aarch64-linux-gnu/bin:$PATH

instead of:
Code:
export PATH=$PATH:/home/espressobin/toolchain/gcc-linaro-5.2-2015.11-2-x86_64_aarch64-linux-gnu/bin

so that the right toolchain is used. Compiling worked fine and I am able to boot now. Auto booting into freebsd works also. Nice work :)

iucoen

FreeBSD 13.0 works out of the box!

Here are some easier directions to get started:
0. Build and flash the uboot firmware with EFI support using the git tree I posted.
1. Download the RPI aarch64 image. This image already has the EFI directory structure in place, as well as DTB in the fat boot partition.
2. Configure uboot:
setenv bootcmd 'load mmc 0:1 $fdt_addr dtb/marvell/armada-3720-espressobin.dtb; load mmc 0:1 $kernel_addr EFI/BOOT/bootaa64.efi; bootefi $kernel_addr $fdt_addr'
env save
3. You should be able to boot into FreeBSD 13. The EFI loader loads the device tree and passes to the kernel.

Chrisfbsd

iucoen thank you for the work on this, I was able to follow your instructions and got up and running in no time.

tscho
Just wondering if you could share how you configured the vlans with ETHERSWITCHCFG(8).
"What I did is, configure VLANs sub-interfaces on the mvneta0 and than assign the ports to the Vlans"

I see ports 0 - 5 then 4 vlangroup

Right now it looks like all ports are members of each vlan group. Did you just remove all members of each vlangroup leaving just the ports assigned respectively?

Thanks