FreeBSD as guest Vbox

Hi forum,

I am trying to share clipboard between Vbox Host (Win 7) and guest (FreeBSD).

What I did:
  • (Install virtualbox-ose-additions in the FreeBSD guest)
    [cmd=]# cd /usr/ports/emulators/virtualbox-ose-additions && make install clean[/cmd]
  • (Add this to /etc/rc.conf in the FreeBSD guest)
    Code:
    vboxguest_enable="YES" 
    vboxservice_enable="YES"
  • (To use vboxmouse_drv please adjust the mouse section in your xorg.conf like this)
    Code:
    Section "InputDevice"
            Identifier "Mouse0"
            Driver "vboxmouse"
       EndSection

After all this I tried copying a text from the host and paste it in the guest. It did not work out. :(
I am a newbie to UNIX so any help with proper explanation is appreciated.

Regards
-------------
I_attitude

The shared clipboard must be enabled in the guest, either with the Device menu at the top of the screen, in the General/Advanced section of the GUI, or probably somewhere in VBoxManage.

That said, with a FreeBSD host and FreeBSD guest and a bidirectional clipboard, I can't figure out how to do an ordinary X drag-to-copy. It does work from host to guest when selecting text in Firefox and pressing Ctrl-C.

wblock@ said:
The shared clipboard must be enabled in the guest, either with the Device menu at the top of the screen, in the General/Advanced section of the GUI, or probably somewhere in VBoxManage.

That said, with a FreeBSD host and FreeBSD guest and a bidirectional clipboard, I can't figure out how to do an ordinary X drag-to-copy. It does work from host to guest when selecting text in Firefox and pressing Ctrl-C.

Thank You for your reply.
Followed your suggestion, but no success :(

Back