FreeBSD 7.2 rocks!

We've Gnome 2.26 and KDE 4.2.2 now! awesome...

FreeBSD is equal with linux in term of desktop env now... Only 1 part left from linux... hadrware support

alie said:
We've Gnome 2.26 and KDE 4.2.2 now! awesome...

FreeBSD is equal with linux in term of desktop env now... Only 1 part left from linux... hadrware support

GNOME 2.26 and KDE 4.2.2 are available for all supported versions of FreeBSD (6.x, 7.x, -CURRENT). Those aren't "new" because 7.2 has been released. Remember, there is only 1 ports tree, used by all versions of FreeBSD. One could probably even install those on FreeBSD 5.x without too much trouble. :) (For example, I've been running KDE 4.2.2 on FreeBSD 7.1 for a while now.)

It's better to be excited about the changes in FreeBSD itself (the stuff under / and /usr) with each release, and not what's available in the ports tree (the stuff under /usr/local). Things like better SMP, kmem_max over 2 GB, ZFS updates, driver updates, etc. :D

Maybe OP is talking about packages on one of the FreeBSD 7.2 ISOs or something like that ..

DutchDaemon said:
Maybe OP is talking about packages on one of the FreeBSD 7.2 ISOs or something like that ..

That could be. I sometimes forget that there's more than just the bootonly CD. :) I haven't used any of the other CDs since the 4.x days, and only rarely use pkg_add -r.

Yeah it does, finally my Marvell ATA controller is supported, thanks !

//edit
And my Acer Travelmate is finally able to run FreeBSD !!!! Huge thanks !!!!

Back