FreeBSD 15.1 wants to upgrade to NVidia 595.104.02 - but I don't seem to have that?

FreeBSD 15.1-RELEASE-p4 wants to upgrade to NVidia 595.104.02 - but I don't seem to have that NVidia version in my sources tree (aka 2026Q3)?

I currently have 595.84 installed and working fine.

Code:
# pkg info | grep drm-66
drm-66-kmod-6.6.25.1501000_11  Direct Rendering Manager (DRM) GPU drivers
nvidia-drm-66-kmod-595.84.1501000_1 NVIDIA DRM Kernel Module
#

=> Do I need to upgrade my ports tree to (2026Q4) or similar to pick up this new NVidia release?

What's (odd) is that pkg(8) wants to install drm-515-kmod: 5.15.160.1501000_11, but this (IS NOT) a DRM kmod that I install on my FreeBSD hosts at this time. I (AM) using nvidia-drm-66-kmod -- and that was (LITERALLY JUST) upgraded via pkg update/pkg upgrade to drm-66-kmod-6.6.25.1501000_11 right before the (BELOW) pkg update/upgrade attempt was made.

Where things (go bad) is when: nvidia-drm-66-kmod: 595.84.1501000_1 -> 595.104.02.1501000 is upgraded (AND) drm-66-kmod: 6.6.25.1501000_11 is removed.

Fortunately I ran bectl(8) create before doing these update(s) /upgrade(s) -- FreeBSD and ZFS totally rocks ! :cool:

What's the right way to move forward from this? Thanks !

Code:
# uname -a
FreeBSD hostname 15.1-RELEASE-p4 FreeBSD 15.1-RELEASE-p4 releng/15.1-n283627-db6066678b33 GENERIC amd64
# pkg upgrade
Updating FreeBSD-ports repository catalogue...
FreeBSD-ports repository is up to date.
Updating FreeBSD-ports-kmods repository catalogue...
Fetching data: 100%    46 KiB  47.0 kB/s    00:01
Processing entries: 100%
FreeBSD-ports-kmods repository update completed. 295 packages processed.
Updating FreeBSD-base repository catalogue...
FreeBSD-base repository is up to date.
All repositories are up to date.
Checking for upgrades (17 candidates): 100%
Processing candidates (17 candidates): 100%
Checking integrity... done (1 conflicting)
  - drm-515-kmod-5.15.160.1501000_11 [FreeBSD-ports-kmods] conflicts with drm-66-kmod-6.6.25.1501000_11 [installed] on /boot/modules/amdgpu.ko
Checking integrity... done (0 conflicting)
The following 3 package(s) will be affected (of 0 checked):

New packages to be INSTALLED:
    drm-515-kmod: 5.15.160.1501000_11 [FreeBSD-ports-kmods]

Installed packages to be UPGRADED:
    nvidia-drm-66-kmod: 595.84.1501000_1 -> 595.104.02.1501000 [FreeBSD-ports-kmods]

Installed packages to be REMOVED:
    drm-66-kmod: 6.6.25.1501000_11

Number of packages to be removed: 1
Number of packages to be installed: 1
Number of packages to be upgraded: 1

The operation will free 4 MiB.

Proceed with this action? [y/N]:
 
As I've posted here, 2026Q4 ports tree has 595.104.02 of NVIDIA driver ports, NOT 595.84.

And more, graphics/nvidia-drm-*-kmod* in ports tree keep on synchronizing with corresponding graphics/drm-*-kmod by including the file defining its version. But there's a pitfall here. Manual works are needed for distinfo that contains source tarballs for both. But breakage here only affect NVIDIA side to delay as of fails on fetch phase (mis-matched version).

So if graphics/drm-*-kmod side is delayed, there would be some oddness on build cluster side.
 
I checked the Repos this morning.

I seems that the FreeBSD-ports "latest" REPO and FreeBSD-ports-kmods "kmods-latest_1" REPO has been updated to
DRM-612 and Nvidia 595.104.02

but you need to switch to the latest and kmods_latest_1 repos. Quaterly repos is full of contradictory stuff. Ist a mix of 15.0 / 15.1 stuff and a mix of Nvidia 595.84 / 595.104 versions that I dont think will help anyone.
 
Back
Top