FreeBSD 14.0-BETA5 Available

I think the BETA announcements for the forum were stuck for a while and then posted all at once.
thanks, that makes sense. I did however try to upgrade to BETA5 with freebsd-update and selecting the branch with no luck. I looked in the mailing list for the release notes and didn't find anything.

This is exciting 14 is just around the corner I'm very excited
Code:
root@molly:~ # uname -a
FreeBSD molly.dicelan.home 14.0-STABLE FreeBSD 14.0-STABLE #6 stable/14-n265277-0cf6ebad7364: Sat Sep 30 15:17:42 CEST 2023     root@molly.dicelan.home:/usr/obj/usr/src/amd64.amd64/sys/MOLLY amd64
Have been running stable/14 since it was branched :D

But yeah, I'm anxiously awaiting the moment I can upgrade a bunch of VMs to 14.0-RELEASE at home. Not going to go with BETA due to their limited lifespan, one evening of work to upgrade is enough for me. So I'll wait for the actual -RELEASE to be ready.

I did however try to upgrade to BETA5 with freebsd-update and selecting the branch with no luck.
The commit was made 14 hours ago. When a change is made to the source code it's not instantly available as images and/or update files, it takes time to build and distribute them.

I think the BETA announcements for the forum were stuck for a while and then posted all at once.
So far, Glen is following a schedule of a week between releases.
1696607173410.png

All according to schedule, so release at or around november 7 seems likely. Nice. Think I'll skip the port upgrades from 2023Q4. With that new major release next month I'll have to rebuild all ports anyway.

Well this is the version my 12.4 boys will need to jump to. I was holding to opensolaris's version of ZFS as much as I could.

*edit: this being 14, not 14 beta ;)

Back