Solved FreeBSD 13.2-RELEASE-p2 and up to date ports tree: support ended?

Code:
root@vacallinehae ~> git clone https://git.FreeBSD.org/ports.git /usr/ports
[…]
root@vacallinehae ~>  cd /usr/ports/x11/xterm
root@vacallinehae /usr/ports/x11/xterm>  make
/!\ ERROR: /!\

Ports Collection support for your FreeBSD version has ended, and no ports are
guaranteed to build on this system. Please upgrade to a supported release.

No support will be provided if you silence this message by defining
ALLOW_UNSUPPORTED_SYSTEM.

*** Error code 1

Stop.
make[1]: stopped in /usr/ports/x11/xterm
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/ports/x11/xterm
root@vacallinehae /usr/ports/x11/xterm>  freebsd-version -ru
13.2-RELEASE-p2
13.2-RELEASE-p2

…so, on an up to date FreeBSD 13.2-p2 (it's a jail on an also up to date host) a freshly checked out ports tree says that the support ended? A web search about that topic always tells me that I've got to simply update my FreeBSD installation, but: There is nothing newer available…

What does make -V OSVERSION in some port directory output?
"1301000" - okay, that's the malefactor (the host system says "1302001"); But … then I have something wrong on how to get my jails up to date: I thought a freebsd-update -b /path/to/jail fetch && freebsd-update -b /path/to/jail install on the host system does that, but as it seems that didn't upgrade everything. How to get that fixed?
What is the result of this command?
grep __FreeBSD_version /usr/include/sys/param.h
Code:
 * __FreeBSD_version numbers are documented in the Porter's Handbook.
#undef __FreeBSD_version
#define __FreeBSD_version 1301000       /* Master, propagated to newvers */

Hard to re-do such an upgrade, as freebsd-update -j jailname -r 13.2-RELEASE upgrade quits with a simple "freebsd-update: Cannot upgrade from 13.2-RELEASE to itself"; The linked thread describes as I'm doing jail updates normally, but maybe I've done it once wrong in the past… And when a freebsd-version tells me I'm on 13.2 I expect it to be so.
But I will find a way to get that jail fully upgraded ;)

…so, I simply told my jail that it should do an upgrade from 13.1 to 13.2, and got to merge some conflicts by hand (and restarted the upgrade process again and again); But somehow I'm through, and my ports tree works again ;) Thanks!

Hard to re-do such an upgrade, as freebsd-update -j jailname -r 13.2-RELEASE upgrade quits with a simple "freebsd-update: Cannot upgrade from 13.2-RELEASE to itself";
Code:
     --currently-running release
                    Do not detect the currently-running release; instead,
                    assume that the system is running the specified release.
                    This is most likely to be useful when upgrading jails.
Add --currently-running 13.1-RELEASE

Add --currently-running 13.1-RELEASE
That was what I've done, but as written: I've got to solve some conflicts I never came across before (done some more upgrades from 13.1 to 13.2 - none other leeded to the above problem; this time f.e. I've got to merge a definitely untouched /etc/ssh/ssh_config manually). I would like to get to know how I got there, but my shell history doesn't goes back that far.

but my shell history doesn't goes back that far.
I have mine set stupidly big with no negative results. It is one of the first things I do on new installation.
.cshrc
set history = 1000000

I was doing manual include paths compiling u-boot.... I know those alone were probably 1K characters...

That is one thing I really appreciate with FreeBSD. Command line completion is excellent.
When I have to use Linux command line I feel lost.

I had always assumed 'set history = 1000000' was setting the number of characters saved for history.
When I dug in it looks like that is the actual number of typed commands saved.
Not actual characters.
Still I am at 3500+ and default history setting only saves 1000.

I had a desktop bug that was crashing my daily machine.
Loosing my history twice. I have backups but merging them seemed sketchy.
I am sure my history was much larger before Xfce terminal window bug crash.
Not a contest so I learned them again.

I do alot of u-boot flashing so history there is very nice.

Then there was manually compiling u--boot for testing. History makes this easy.

/usr/bin/env MAKE=gmake PYTHON="/usr/local/bin/python3.9" PKG_CONFIG=pkgconf XDG_DATA_HOME=/usr/ports/sysutils/u-boot-rock3/u-boot XDG_CONFIG_HOME=/usr/ports/sysutils/u-boot-rock3/u-boot XDG_CACHE_HOME=/usr/ports/sysutils/u-boot-rock3/u-boot/.cache HOME=/usr/ports/sysutils/u-boot-rock3/u-boot PATH=/usr/ports/sysutils/u-boot-rock3/u-boot/.bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/root/bin PKG_CONFIG_LIBDIR=/usr/ports/sysutils/u-boot-rock3/u-boot/.pkgconfig:/usr/local/libdata/pkgconfig:/usr/local/share/pkgconfig:/usr/libdata/pkgconfig SHELL=/bin/sh CONFIG_SHELL=/bin/sh V=1 CROSS_COMPILE=aarch64-none-elf- PYTHON=/usr/local/bin/python3.9 CC=clang BL31=/usr/local/share/atf-rk3399/bl31.elf XDG_DATA_HOME=/usr/ports/sysutils/u-boot-rock3/u-boot XDG_CONFIG_HOME=/usr/ports/sysutils/u-boot-rock3/u-boot XDG_CACHE_HOME=/usr/ports/sysutils/u-boot-rock3/u-boot/.cache HOME=/usr/ports/sysutils/u-boot-rock3/u-boot PATH=/usr/ports/sysutils/u-boot-rock3/u-boot/.bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/root/bin PKG_CONFIG_LIBDIR=/usr/ports/sysutils/u-boot-rock3/u-boot/.pkgconfig:/usr/local/libdata/pkgconfig:/usr/local/share/pkgconfig:/usr/libdata/pkgconfig MK_DEBUG_FILES=no MK_KERNEL_SYMBOLS=no SHELL=/bin/sh NO_LINT=YES PREFIX=/usr/local LOCALBASE=/usr/local CC="cc" CFLAGS="-O2 -pipe -fno-strict-aliasing " CPP="cpp" CPPFLAGS="" LDFLAGS=" " LIBS="" CXX="c++" CXXFLAGS="-O2 -pipe -fno-strict-aliasing " MANPREFIX="/usr/local" BSD_INSTALL_PROGRAM="install -s -m 555" BSD_INSTALL_LIB="install -s -m 0644" BSD_INSTALL_SCRIPT="install -m 555" BSD_INSTALL_DATA="install -m 0644" BSD_INSTALL_MAN="install -m 444" gmake ARCH=arm DESTDIR=/usr/ports/sysutils/u-boot-rock3/u-boo

Nice. I have some of that. What does lock do there?

Code:
        set history = 1000000
        set savehist = (1000000 merge)

Back