Freebsd 13.1: Black screen with nvidia graphic card when starting X or sddm

I bought recently the ASUS gamer laptop to use it as a desktop machine for my business. I installed my favorite OS FreeBSD 13.1 many things works except the most important I want to use which is Nvidia graphic card.
When I try to use X or sddm with Nvidia graphic card, I got a black screen and mouse cursor in the middle which does not move. X does not give any errors.

How could I overcome this problem ? (see my log and xorg.conf in the attached file)
Code:
vgapci1@pci0:0:2:0:     class=0x030000 rev=0x0c hdr=0x00 vendor=0x8086 device=0x46a3 subvendor=0x1043 subdevice=0x1c5c
    vendor     = 'Intel Corporation'
    device     = 'Alder Lake-P GT1 [UHD Graphics]'
    class      = display
    subclass   = VGA
--
vgapci0@pci0:1:0:0:     class=0x030000 rev=0xa1 hdr=0x00 vendor=0x10de device=0x25a0 subvendor=0x1043 subdevice=0x1c5c
    vendor     = 'NVIDIA Corporation'
    device     = 'GA107M [GeForce RTX 3050 Ti Mobile]'
    class      = display
    subclass   = VGA

Attachments

• 45-nvidia-driver.conf
    781 bytes · Views: 67
I don't known if the gpu with Alder Lake-P GT1 is supported with graphics/drm-510-kmod .
But if it does, you can use this xorg configuration instead (or use wayland if the monitor are connected to the integrated graphics):
Code:
Section "ServerLayout"
  Identifier "layout"
  Screen     0 "iGPU"
  Screen     1 "dGPU"
EndSection

Section "Device"
  Identifier "iGPU"
  Driver     "modesetting"
  BusID      "PCI:0:2:0"
EndSection

Section "Device"
  Identifier "dGPU"
  Driver     "nvidia"
  BusID      "PCI:1:0:0"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
  Identifier "iGPU"
  Device     "iGPU"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
  Identifier "dGPU"
  Device     "dGPU"
  Option  "UseDisplayDevice" "None"
EndSection

Also if the nvidia gpu is directly connected to the output display, maybe look at the call for testing for nvidia-drm,
see

You probably have Optimus graphics that can switch between the two chips. Try disabling one of the chips in the BIOS.

Back