FreeBSD 10.0, Nagios can't find some libraries

Hello everyone!

Code:
/usr/local/libexec/nagios/check_snmp_disk
Shared object "libkvm.so.5" not found, required by "check_snmp_disk"

/usr/local/libexec/nagios/check_ldap
Shared object "libldap-2.4.so.8" not found, required by "check_ldap"

Can you help me? What components do I need to install for it???

Re: Freebsd 10.0 Nagios can't find some libs

How did you get to this point? Is this a fresh install of FreeBSD-10.0 and net-mgmt/nagios or did you upgrade from FreeBSD-9.x? I'm going to guess that you upgraded from FreeBSD-9.x because /lib/libkvm.so.5 was updated to /lib/libkvm.so.6 in FreeBSD-10.0 so your installation of net-mgmt/nagios is looking for the old library. It needs to be rebuilt along with all your other ports.

Re: Freebsd 10.0 Nagios can't find some libs

trh411 said:
How did you get to this point? Is this a fresh install of FreeBSD-10.0 and net-mgmt/nagios or did you upgrade from FreeBSD-9.x? I'm going to guess that you upgraded from FreeBSD-9.x because /lib/libkvm.so.5 was updated to /lib/libkvm.so.6 in FreeBSD-10.0 so your installation of net-mgmt/nagios is looking for the old library. It needs to be rebuilt along with all your other ports.

No, I do a fresh install, and yes, I see libkvm.so.6, I even made a symlink to libkvm.so.5, no result. Same problem with the script check_ping. I resolved it by installing gmake, but now I can't find what components I need to install or do I need to update something???

I'd suggest you install the sysutils/bsdadminscripts port, if not already installed, and then run the pkg_libchk command. This will check all installed ports for missing libraries. Any port with missing libraries will have to be rebuilt.

Sorry, I was mistake, when I do symlink it's working, but I don't know right it or not.

This checks for Nagios worked on previous FreeBSD 7, so it asking earlier library, and I just do symlink to new version.

xander said:
Sorry, I was mistake, when I do symlink it's working, but I don't know right it or not.

This checks for Nagios worked on previous FreeBSD 7, so it asking earlier library, and I just do symlink to new version.
The symbolic link just masks the problem and could result in strange net-mgmt/nagios run time errors. If net-mgmt/nagios is looking for the old /lib/libkvm.so.5 library it needs to be rebuilt on FreeBSD-10.0 to pull in the new /lib/libkvm.so.6 library.

Back