• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Forum's "search" does not return any results

fnoyanisi

Hi there,

When I use forum's search function to look for "ue0", it returns nil, but seems like google is far better than forum itself in finding a phrase in the forum!

junovitch@

Staff member
Developer

Strange. I can replicate this with "ue0" but "ath0" works fine. I'm purely guessing on this, but the forum's search seems to have issues with very short search strings. wblock@ and DutchDaemon, what do you think of this?

junovitch@

Staff member
Developer

Interestingly if I select anything other than "All Forums" it does find something.
I noticed that as well but I looked at the first two pages and none of it related to the search string I used.

tobik@

Daemon
Developer

Well it finds this thread now ;)

But you're right the search results are hardly related to the search string. Even AltaVista would have returned better results than this.

wblock@

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Developer

The "Search Minimum Word Length" is set to 3. As DutchDaemon has pointed out before, search engines can be limited to this site by including site:forums.freebsd.org in the terms. That works with DuckDuckGo in addition to Google, probably also with others.

So try site:forums.freebsd.org ue0 at your favorite search engine.