For mobile, the header switches from wide to the right size

On the header, when the width is set by CSS, it lets it load faster without altering between the wrong and right size when the page is reloaded for mobile.

This is about the logo in the header. It's currently set through HTML, so its default isn't the right size for smaller width screens. It makes the alignment temporarily wobble when loading a page.

The width set for all screens is set through HTML attributes, and it may be already set through CSS for smaller screens. The conflict may be from two different types of settings for smaller screens.

A similar issue on here, is when trying to type on here, and the screen will realign as I start to type.

The textbox will jump for me and put my cursor somewhere else than where I want to start typing, like in a correction.

The other issue is probably the viewport metatag parameters. Theirs is:
Code:
<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=Edge" />
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1, viewport-fit=cover">

Mine is different. Do you experience it on my site, too?
Code:
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, user-scalable=yes" />

I haven't noticed that problem on your site. I miss the old desktop screenshots from there. I wish, I could have put that on an online Internet archive.

When the width is set, it prevents the browser from resizing. In this case, the css has a mobile variant, so a width this size needs to be in CSS than on HTML.

In theory, the example you gave should also work on this site?

I have all the screenshots, pages and wallpapers that were up on my old site in a Directory on this machine, sidetone.

The whole thing is 103MB but let me get the wallpapers moved and I'll .tar.gz it so you can download it from my site or upload it to a dropbox in Mother Russia I keep for larger files.

That screen jumping when you try to paste or start a correction was really bad tonight. I pasted in a whole screen of pf output in the middle of a sentence two times in a row. And sometimes I don't notice it. :p

"The textbox will jump for me and put my cursor somewhere else than where I want to start typing, like in a correction."

That happens at other sites as well, so it is not forum based. It's a result of the Quantum Engine Firefox uses on reality itself.

In theory.

Like in SouthLand Tales. Yeah, that's the ticket.

It got a bit better when the screen is reloaded. The images still change size, but the header keeps the same dimensions when reloading. The whole screen still alters when going to a new page.

The text box doesn't seem to move around as much.

Overall, it's a much needed improvement.

Back