flashplayer

ericbsd

Developer
why we dont have a flashplayer like linux solaris and the oder? I know a Sony work on that . But we have no news of a beta flash or something like that. why the most solid OS don't have flashplayer?
probably jalousie of the other. I'm a FreeBSD user I'm proud to use it!

There are flash plugins located in directory /usr/ports/www.

We can install native flash plugin of firefox from directory /usr/ports/www/flashplugin-mozilla. We can install linux ABI compatible flash plugins from directory /usr/ports/www/linux-flashplugin7 or /usr/ports/www/linux-flashplugin9.

I've found Flash9 to be much more reliable using the old linux compat layer (namely, 2.4.2) than either fc6 or f8. More Linux programs work too, so I don't see a good reason at the moment to move from 2.4.2.

Excuse me! but I Know how to install flash for Freebsd I just wont fresh news about adobe flash player natively.

Sorry to say, but the only people that can comment on Adobe's development plans are Adobe themselves. They don't seem to be willing to share their timelines (which isn't really that surprising). I doubt that anyone on the FreeBSD project has any insider knowledge when it comes to Flash on FreeBSD.

Back