flash 10 konkeror

Hi there.
I installed linux-f10-flashplugin10; nspluginwrapper, run
Code:
> nspluginwrapper -v -a -i
Konqueror menubar, Settings -> Configure Konqueror -> Plugins; Scan for New Plugins button and nothing happened!

I still have no flash working on my comp.

what can I do more?

thanks

Purple_Q said:
I want to 1up this one myself. I can't flash to work either, for Opera. :\
--Q

I asked about if flash works on other browsers in
Code:
http://forums.freebsd.org/showthread.php?t=3448

Doh.
Just got firefox to run it. Loaded up good ol' homestarrunner.com
So, HERE is the rundown from the handbook. I forgot to mount linprocfs. Haven't tried this for Konqueror yet.
--Q

Are you certain all of your permissions are correct? If you run Konqueror as root, do they show up? I know that might sound funny, but I remember once when I installed some plugins for Opera, and despite having pointed the browser to the directory where the plugins were, they wouldn't work unless I was root.

Another case where I couldn't get plugins to initialize was the command used to launch the browser. I opened it up in xterm once, using Windowmaker, and placed the icon it spawned on the right bar. After that, i'd launch and although the browser came up, no plugins. The command to launch as linked to the icon was /usr/local/bin/opera. This was of course correct, but I wiped all that out and just put in "opera", then hit the icon again (relaunched) and I had plugins.

These two incidents are ways I had no plugins, then figured out how to get them back. This is of course going back in time a bit, and linux. Your results may vary, hope i'm of help. G'luck.
--Q

I installed linux-f10-flashplugin10 on FreeBSD 7.2 and looks like that is everything okay except when I open youtube site and try to play video, it doesn't work. Just a grey window.
I deinstalled and installed gnash as usual and it work fine. I forgot, openings with flash plugin was very slow, with gnash works fast.

BTW: Skype with linux base f10 works normal.

Do not forget to run nspluginwrapper as a REGULAR USER. If you go su to install nspluginwrapper and forget to drop down to a regular shell, you'll be shooting yourself in the foot :p Like I did.

thanks guys for all your reply. Unfortunately I cannot do nothing since my KDE is upgrading to 4.3.4.

How do you update your computer?

I did portmaster -a and from days!!! it upgrade KDE. If it goes like this when I'll finish to upgrade I must start again ...

No answers for flash but upgrading I know.

hirohitosan said:
thanks guys for all your reply. Unfortunately I cannot do nothing since my KDE is upgrading to 4.3.4.

How do you update your computer?

I did portmaster -a and from days!!! it upgrade KDE. If it goes like this when I'll finish to upgrade I must start again ...

I always update my computer the same way

Code:
$ sudo freebsd-update fetch
$ sudo freebsd-update install
$ sudo reboot
Wait for the reboot.

Code:
$ sudo portsnap fetch
$ sudo portsnap update
$ sudo portupgrade -ca

If you're not a fan of sudo you'll have to use a root shell.
And if you use portupgrade I would suggest using the -c flag. It loads all the configs first so you don't wake up in the morning and realize that it's been sitting on a config screen all night.

Also portupgrade will give you a list of failed packages (if any) so you can go manually update them.

back to flash issue. I run as a regular user
Code:
> nspluginwrapper -v -a -i
Auto-install plugins from /home/user/.mozilla/plugins
Looking for plugins in /home/user/.mozilla/plugins
I don't understand the output since I don't have .mozilla/plugins in my home folder.
I just want to use Konqueror as a web browser. Do I need to install mozilla as well?
thanks

Back