Solved firefox text input if numeric jumps to another tab

... Nothing on the search engines I've seen mention the same symptom
I've five or so Firefox tabs open, and since about a half year, each '2' or some such
in a web search or input box, in the sixth or seventh tab,
jumps to one of the first three open tabs, effectively
rendering the browser half-working as far as text input, '2' has to be entered as 'two',
passwords containing a numeral do not work as expected, etc.
... I'd prefer to keep the present tabs open, as a reference. The preferences boxes all
do not render a clue.

Allright.
I started firefox. I see 8 tabs open.
The final one, duckduckgo.com
I just typed " firefox input 2" without quotes
The browser all by itself, left duckduckgo. and travelled to the first tab that was open.
Thus pressing the number 2 in the text box, leaves the tab one is on, as if I had chosen to be viewing/using the first tab or second rather than the final one. Indeed, I could not type this 3rd post in Firefox, because it contains numerals.
So wondering if anyone else has seen such.

Could this be an artifact of the GUI. Plasma might do something like that. Also, you didn't say if this still happens after restarting the DE and/or Firefox.

I've five or so Firefox tabs open, and since about a half year, each '2' or some such
in a web search or input box, in the sixth or seventh tab,
jumps to one of the first three open tabs, effectively
This sounds like your ALT key is stuck. ALT-1, ALT-2, etc. switches to the first, second, etc. tab.

There are extensions that do it 'single key tab switch...' and the command and/or control key plus a numeral do it. I'll have to check further when time allows to see if I have an extension, about:config, or startx setting implementing such... as all other browsers work without that problem.

Back