Firefox stopped to support DRM ?

Actually I'm using Linux. I've installed Firefox with this extension :

it spoofs the identity very well,reporting something like this :

Code:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/117.0.0.0 Safari/537.36
Sec-Ch-Ua-Platform: "Windows"
Sec-Ch-Ua: "Google Chrome";v="117", "Chromium";v="117", "Not=A?Brand";v="24"
Sec-Ch-Ua-Mobile: ?0

well,www.nowtv.it says,even on this case,that the browser used is unsupported.

Checking the user-agent is notoriously unreliable if you need to verify what browser someone has and what it supports.

ok,Netflix.it on Firefox on Linux does not accept this user agent :

Code:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/117.0.0.0 Safari/537.36
Sec-Ch-Ua-Platform: "Windows"
Sec-Ch-Ua: "Google Chrome";v="117", "Chromium";v="117", "Not=A?Brand";v="24"
Sec-Ch-Ua-Mobile: ?0

but it accepts this :

Code:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:124.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/124.0

this thing is going to be complicated.

this thing is going to be complicated.
Yes. It is. Also for the providers of such content. They have to make sure the experience is up to their standards, so they have certain requirements.

Due to the many configurations of Linux, we can't guarantee Netflix will work on devices with a Linux OS and may have issues. Netflix Customer Support isn't able to help with troubleshooting devices with a Linux OS.

Browsers supported by nowtv.it :
  • Google Chrome version 102 or later (on MAC and Windows)
  • Mozilla Firefox version 102 or later
  • Safari version 14 or later (only on Mac, not on PC with Windows)
  • Edge version 102 or later

BUT this is NOT accepted by nowtv.it :

User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/118.0

now I can open a ticket.

sure,but I'm using this user agent :

User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/118.0
You're not actually running Firefox on Windows here, are you? You just faked the user-agent. What did I tell you about the user-agent being notoriously unreliable when checking for supported browsers?

You're not actually running Firefox on Windows here, are you? You just faked the user-agent. What did I tell you about the user-agent being notoriously unreliable when checking for supported browsers?

what you don't understand of : "I'm trying to gather as much informations as possible to understand how to use Firefox and Chromium on nowtv.it on FreeBSD ?" Actually I'm asking everywhere to understand how to fool it.
Take also in consideration that Firefox on Linux is not marked as unsupported.

The geolocation feature can be spoofed using a VPN ? If there are different forms of features that are checked I don't understand how to fool them.

From here :

@LJR : Now is not supported on Linux

Now I'm very irritated.

Run Internet Explorer in Wine :)
😅

IE is not a browser supported by nowtv.it :

• Google Chrome version 102 or later (on MAC and Windows)
  • Mozilla Firefox version 102 or later
  • Safari version 14 or later (only on Mac, not on PC with Windows)
  • Edge version 102 or later

I wonder if the widevine libraries for Windows will work on some of those browsers (given for granted that one of them will work with wine)

How will a proxy work with encrypted traffic e.g. https?

e.g. the man page of Tinyproxy says

Note that this option will not work for HTTPS traffic, as Tinyproxy has no control over what headers are exchanged.

I think it might still be possible (you'd have to have to decrypt the traffic, change headers, re-encrypt), but don't think it would be simple.

Back