Solved Firefox and Thunderbird does not start

I am not sure if this is a bug: Firefox does not start after update to 63.0.3_3,1.
Error Message:
Code:
XPCOMGlueLoad error for file /usr/local/lib/firefox/libxul.so:
/usr/local/lib/firefox/libxul.so: Undefined symbol "wl_subsurface_interface"
Couldn't load XPCOM.

No, wl_subsurface_interface should come from a wayland lib. What does pkg info wayland return?
Also, how are you installing firefox? pkg? ports?

I have wayland not installed. I don't wanted it. Now I have mesa-libs recompiled with wayland. Now I get:
Code:
/usr/local/lib/thunderbird/libxul.so: Undefined symbol "gdk_wayland_display_get_type"

You need to rebuild firefox and thunderbird without wayland support. That should build them with gtk2 support it appears. It's possible you'll need to disable the wayland option in graphics/mesa-libs as well.

i saw the

Undefined symbol "gdk_wayland_display_get_type"

error after a `pkg` upgrade of firefox today. i'm typing this on a build from ports as described in the manual and using `make config` to turn wayland off in both firefox and gtk30 as described above.

the build took a while, and i feel a certain sense of accomplishment from using the ports system. nonetheless, i second the suggestion that there's probably a spuriously-set default somewhere within the `pkg` system or repositories such that `pkg` installs of firefox are currently broken in 11.2 because of the wayland flag.

it'd be a shame if people stop using firefox solely because this flag is set incorrectly somewhere in the `pkg` system build...

Back