Finally a Network Manager for FreeBSD!

It's DONE!
Chris_H!, Thanks a lot for very useful port for DE users. Free gift for all.
ericturgeon, Very good GUI program for multiple AP's. Just installed in my openbox. I had to run it in backgroud. Both wired & wireless interfaces were up. Put down wired one first & found that there is no default route. So had to run
Code:
/etc/rc.d/routing start
. May be I am in wrong foot.
This would be nice if this cleaning/rerouting is included. Great work in any way.

Old tread, but I see nothing bad in keeping all up there instead of spawning new one.

In my case networkmgr fails to start with repeating Gtk_CRITICAL **: gtk_widget_get_scale_factor: assertion 'GTK_IS_WIDGET(widget) failed' message. wifimgr works, but looks kinda ugly and not properly fits in netbook small screen.

FreeBSD 14 x86_64, Wayland, WayFire WM.

FreeBSD and Linux are Servers. Windows and OSX are desktop operating systems. If you use windows or OSX as a server, you're a fool. If you use FreeBSD or Linux as a desktop, you're a geek.

Rince and Repeat. 🥱

bringing back zombies from the grave...today installed networkmgr .. I launch from a terminal and nothing..nothing launchs..no error..no message
sorry..is a tray application..now i see, but still wont let me do nothing,running as root and user too

bringing back zombies from the grave...today installed networkmgr .. I launch from a terminal and nothing..nothing launchs..no error..no message
sorry..is a tray application..now i see, but still wont let me do nothing,running as root and user too
In my case still Gtk-Critical errors and nothing changed. Manual installation gave no results too.
I'm ready to provide any information which can help to fix this software.

In my case still Gtk-Critical errors and nothing changed. Manual installation gave no results too.
I'm ready to provide any information which can help to fix this software.
How did you start it? Given it's an X app. I'd assume you opened a terminal and (as root) networkmgr & -- note the trailing
Code:
&
. Otherwise the it'll be run in the foreground and your terminal will be locked until the process has terminated or completed. You could also manage this as a normal user by su(1)ing to root within a terminal and performing the same command. Please note. The command as it is executed by your window manager's menu command
Code:
/usr/local/share/applications/networkmgr.desktop
uses
Code:
/usr/ports/security/sudo
( sudo networkmgr). Is it installed? Have you configured it properly to include yourself in
Code:
sudoers
?
That's all I've got. HTH

--Chris

I might also add;
What's in /var/log/messages after running the command? If you switch to the opening ttyv0 via Ctrl+Alt+F1. Do you see any output related to the application?

Back