Solved Falkon and KWallet

Today, I tried to use Falkon on KDE in a VM. Plasma 5.24, Frameworks - probably not quite 5.100, but close. My issue is with Falkon. It's generally a usable browser, more stable than Konqueror, but there's a feature I'd like to turn off, if possible. When I open up Falkon, it asks me for the password to KWallet. I don't even have KWallet set up, so I dismiss it via the Cancel button.

I don't want to set up KWallet. Does Falkon have something in its settings to turn KWallet off? or am I stuck making up fake KWallet credentials just to stop the annoying pop-ups that are frankly interfering with my browsing? The random timing of those KWallet pop-ups (especially when I'm in the middle of browsing Google hits) is especially detrimental to the browsing experience.

So, to summarize: Does Falkon offer a way to turn off that connection to KWallet and stop the damn pop-ups?

If yes, I'd be happy to try something. If not, I'm gonna switch to something else that is less annoying.

Uhhh... solved this one myself: in Falkon's settings, switched the password manager to plaintext, unencrypted database. Nothing to fear if it's an empty text file and you bother tell the browser every single time to never save the password. Pop-ups stopped, and browsing became more enjoyable without those reminders popping up in the middle of basic activities like clicking a friggin' link!

Back