Facebook Rival

I pay for a domain register but have not uploaded my IP yet. I just pass along my IP to people.
The last thing I want is to be indexed.
We are two very different people.
I never felt my site was worthy of uninvited visitors. I do place files on my host/website as a convenient way to a share file with others.

I pay for a domain register but have not uploaded my IP yet. I just pass along my IP to people.
The last thing I want is to be indexed.
We are two very different people.
I never felt my site was worthy of uninvited visitors. I do place files on my host/website as a convenient way to a share file with others.

We have two different goals. Mine is to be indexed, but for my site or online personas.

I'm anything but low profile and can be larger than life from time to time when I lay it on thick as part of my talk. Words are something I really enjoy using and promotion comes naturally, whether I'm promoting myself, site, FreeBSD or Awardspace. ;)

But when I close this browser all this goes away for the most part. Outside of a few people I'm not known for any of this IRL, but not that hard to find if you're looking for me. Well known does not necessarily mean well liked and that's part of it.

I've had a few domain names over the years, I have only one now. I started with Network Solutions and never left, but really they're the most awful registrar there is. In looking at registrars for my one domain I found porkbun.com has really good rates and free privacy. They're well reviewed and their web site is inviting.

I'm going to give porkbun.com a try when I can move my domain name. Annoyingly I made a change to my domain registration recently and it put a 60 day hold on transfers. Ran into the same problem trying to shutdown a paid Yahoo mail account, another atrocious provider. I went to Fastmail which is hugely better. I tell you once these slimeballs get you they find any reason to keep you from leaving.

I was kind of surprised it cost so much to renew my .org domain. I thought those got a discount.

Silly me... This was in the news vermaden posted today:

At the end of June this year, in a controversial decision made despite significant and vocal opposition, ICANN decided to lift price caps on .org domains for the next 10 years, paving the way for unlimited price increases on the 10 million .org domain names.

I thought it was high last year though.

Back