Solved ezjail-admin update -i -p | error, env: not found

I'm using sysutils/ezjail to create and manage jails.

Host is FreeBSD 10-STABLE, last source update and buildworld was about three weeks ago.

After installing sysutils/ezjail from package, the sole change I make is to,

/usr/local/etc/ezjail.conf
Code:
# ezjail_jaildir=/usr/jails
ezjail_jaildir=/jails

Changing the base directory from /usr/jails to /jails.
/jails is a single partition on a separate drive, with plenty of space. 30g+.

Everything else is base default from install.

I then run ezjail-admin update -i -p and get the following error about halfway through installing world. (The /jails/fulljail directory is about 100MB after the error, so, a lot of the install is working, but then throws an env error at include (install))

Code:
===> include (install)
env ECHO="echo"  MAKE="make"  NEWVERS_SH=/usr/src/include/../sys/conf/newvers.sh  PARAM_H=/usr/src/include/../sys/sys/param.h  SYSDIR=/usr/src/include/../sys  sh /usr/src/include/mk-osreldate.sh
env: not found
*** Error code 127

Stop.
make[4]: stopped in /usr/src/include
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make[3]: stopped in /usr/src
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make[2]: stopped in /usr/src
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make[1]: stopped in /usr/src
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/src
Error: The command 'make installworld' failed.
  Refer to the error report(s) above.

I have no idea what this could be. I tried stripping down my root environment and dotfiles, to see if an alias or something was conflicting. But, the error persists exactly the same. I'm hoping I can fix this, without doing another source update and buildworld on the host. I was hoping to wait for 10.1 release for that. But, if the problem is with the current source I have built, I just might have to.

Was installworld done on the host first?

Yes.

Last time was about three weeks ago. I'm starting to wonder if it's a simple issue with this being prerelease to 10.1 release?

/usr/src/include/mk-osreldate.sh not being able to handle the pre-release nomenclature situation? Just a wild guess. I'm nowhere near knowledgeable enough to know.

The error of
Code:
env: not found
is odd. Specifically, I would make sure that the current version of source has not been updated since the last buildworld/installworld. If it has, another buildworld/installworld needs to be done before installing it to the jails.

I was hoping to put off rebuild until 10.1-RELEASE is done. But, maybe I just need to do it now. See if that clears things up.

Yeah, ok, I'm going to do that now.

This fixed the problem. I think wblock@ was right, I used svn update to update my source in between the last buildworld and trying to use ezjail-admin. This mismatch created the problem.

I used svn update to update my source again yesterday, rebuilt the world, and the error is no more.

Back