Solved Export ports-mgmt/synth built packages?

Greetings all,

I would like to export packages built by ports-mgmt/synth to another machine on a network. I have found examples of using a web server to do so, but I would prefer not to install one. I was thinking about, e.g., transferring the built packages to a repository directory at the target machine and install from there. I have perused pkg.conf(5), but cannot discern how to configure ports-mgmt/pkg to point to the repository directory.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kindest regards,

M

I have perused pkg.conf(5), but cannot discern how to configure ports-mgmt/pkg to point to the repository directory.
pkg(8) accepts URIs. So instead of http://pkg.example.com you can also do ftp://pkg.example.com and file:///some/local/directory. I use a repository like that on my build server. So I can update it without the need for a webserver. If the webserver breaks on the updates I would be stuck and not able to fix the build server (and thus its webserver).

Code:
dicelan-server {
    url: file:///usr/local/poudriere/data/packages/12-stable-server/
    mirror_type: none
    enabled: yes
}

SirDice,

based on your reply, I have again reviewed pkg.conf(5) and found the paragraph describing the different "URL schemes supported". Thank you.

Looking at your code, are you pointing at a file located at the server and not at the target machine?

Kindest regards,

M

I'm pointing to a local directory; /usr/local/poudriere/data/packages/12-stable-server. Which is a default package directory from one of my Poudriere builds.

Back