Enlightenment Enlightenment not init

Hello everyone,

I'm trying use e20 on FreeBSD and I did install it with pkg command. I use slim and my xinitrc is
Code:
exec enlightenment_start
, the first time e20 tell me to setup the config, I set the config and the screen set black, only mouse move. When I reboot and I try to run it the screen is frozen in "loading module: tasks"

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everyone,

I'm trying use e20 on FreeBSD and I did install it with pkg command. I use slim and my xinitrc is
Code:
exec enlightenment_start
, the first time e20 tell me to setup the config, I set the config and the screen set black, only mouse move. When I reboot and I try to run it the screen is frozen in "loading module: tasks"

Thanks.

Hello,

Did you ever find a way around this? I have the same issue.

Thanks

I tried this workaround without success. As I understand, the problems are in EFL, not E.
It seems that some problems were solved in EFL 1.18, but I did not try this version for the moment.

I've just tested the last release of Enlightenment (0.21.2) with the last release of Efl (1.18.1), manually compiled on CURRENT (May RC).
This is the first time since 0.19 when I see Enlightenment working on FreeBSD, even EFM!! I still have some minor problems that I'm trying to fix (icons cache errors etc).
I'll continue my tests on the last RC, but it seems that this time we have a chance to get it ready for everyday use.

Back