Making all in xlib
In file included from /usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xutil.h:56,
                 from ecore_x_private.h:12,
                 from ecore_x_dnd.c:13:
/usr/X11R6/include/X11/keysym.h:52:1: warning: "XK_MISCELLANY" redefined
In file included from ecore_x_dnd.c:13:
ecore_x_private.h:9:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
ecore_x_dnd.c: In function 'ecore_x_dnd_begin':
ecore_x_dnd.c:350: error: 'ECORE_X_ATOM_XDND_ACTION_MOVE' undeclared (first use in this function)
ecore_x_dnd.c:350: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
ecore_x_dnd.c:350: error: for each function it appears in.)
gmake[5]: *** [ecore_x_dnd.lo] Error 1
gmake[5]: Leaving directory `/usr/home/josh/e17/ecore-svn/src/lib/ecore_x/xlib'
gmake[4]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
gmake[4]: Leaving directory `/usr/home/josh/e17/ecore-svn/src/lib/ecore_x'
gmake[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
gmake[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/home/josh/e17/ecore-svn/src/lib'
gmake[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/home/josh/e17/ecore-svn/src'
gmake[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/home/josh/e17/ecore-svn'
gmake: *** [all] Error 2

For the past couple of days I have been trying to rock out the SVN version of Enlightenment, mostly cause a lot of people seem to have good luck with it, and the newest snapshot in ports is from last January, but through trying easy_e17.sh and doing them individually, I keep getting stuck in different places on the ecore build, unless it just happens to be a real bad week for SVN downloads, I can't figure out how to get past this. I've seen a few other random posts on teh Google recommending setting CFLAGS/LDFLAGS/PKG_CONFIG_PATH, all of which have brought me back to the exact same place with the error.

PS, this isn't a huge deal, I have the one installed from ports just fine, I wanted to try SVN because a bit has changed here and there and don't know how installing my own packages from the SNAPSHOTS really works. (Then again, I don't really know if compiling from source is the way to go either. :p )

Hi,
I'm trying to build enlightenment with easy_e17.sh script but i have this error:

evas_cpu.c: In function 'evas_common_cpu_count':
evas_cpu.c:252: error: 'cpu_set_t' undeclared (first use in this function)
evas_cpu.c:252: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
evas_cpu.c:252: error: for each function it appears in.)
evas_cpu.c:252: error: expected ';' before 'cpu'
evas_cpu.c:258: error: 'cpu' undeclared (first use in this function)
gmake[6]: *** [evas_cpu.lo] Error 1

Do you know this error ? the fonction "cpu_set_t" is available under FreeBSD ?

Thanks in advance,
Niko.

Are you installing some downloaded tarball, or the port (x11-wm/enlightenment)?

http://trac.enlightenment.org/e/wiki/FAQ ->

[font="Courier New"]The current stable release of the window manager is DR16.8.15, which was released to the world on January 4th 2009.[/font]

Too old? From the port:

Code:
DISTVERSION=    [B]0.16.8.15[/B]-${E16_SNAPSHOT}

Anyway, with v.17 you're on your own ..

[font="Courier New"]Why does nothing in E17 work?

E17 has not yet been released, and is not considered to be in a finished state. This means that although large parts of E17 are working, and currently stable, there is more work to be done. The development process used for E17, and most other open source projects that have yet to be released, means that there is no point in time where a stable, fully working, version can be delivered. You would have got your E17 in one of two ways - direct from SVN, or someone else got it direct from SVN and created some sort of package for you. At the time that your copy of E17 was downloaded direct from SVN, it is entirely likely that there where half fixed bugs, and partly implemented features.[/font]

And, as far is I can see, cpu_set_t is just a local function in that piece of code, which could have been named anything.

I think you'll have to wait for this code to become release-worthy and ported over.

That was very informative.

Anyway: wait until e17 is considered stable and ready for production. It'll be in the ports tree shortly thereafter.

This information was not important because i said in my post i'm using "easy_e17.sh script".
So logically, i'm trying the e17 version and not e16 !

Niko.

Do you even read what I'm writing? I am writing that 17 is nowhere near ready or even stable. So wait until it is.

I understood your message.
I just replied to the phrase "That was very informative."
I thought it was for you to kidding me !

Anyway, thanks for your message !

Back