energy efficient x86, 64bit, >4GB RAM (, Arduino interface) SBC

Unfollowing this thread. Based on your new post, what you want doesn't exist. You want the "low power" device to do too much and somehow use no power and you want the high power device to be a SBC and do nutty things like power an eGPU via an M.2 slot when that external contraption (GPU, enclosure, power supply) will take up more space than just putting together a normal computer.

Why not use normal motherboard and add Arduino interface on external USB module?
properly 64 bit SBC and add Arduino interface on external USB module

All those technologies are obsolete with the advent of the eMMC.
thanks I'm currently trying to figure out the space requirments (database, cache)
will return here when I have all information

You want the "low power" device to do too much and somehow use no power
The application I mentioned won't run 24/7 (bseides home assistant what should be a all time background process). Morover they will run in parrallel in only very rare momentens.
All of them are well know to run e.g. on Raspberry Pi, what consumes only little power. The same for Armbian and HypriotOS.

you want the high power device to be a SBC
to early tell anything about it, it is just an vague idea. I wnat to get the low power one done first

Hello,
I am planning to build a 7/24 home NAS with emphasis on low power consumption, ...

How low is low?

You might want to read this recent thread...

Hi there,
circumstances had changed a lot last summer (for the better) and so also a possibility of future-oriented Mordernieierunsg has arisen: Devices for shared Internet for an apartment building with seven apartments, IP intercom and possibly DBV-C>IP | ComputerBase Forum, that's all because the intercom system had to be replaced.

The system runs stable and reliable so far (except for one indoor intercom).
I decided to use the Bolt because it can do a little bit of everything :) and I just got it with all the other stuff.

The Bolt now runs TRUE NAS SCALE. It is equipped with

I'll do without SLOG, L2ARC as well as OpenZFS Fusion Pool for now and see what I really need, it also has a good Hardware Recommendations Guide | TrueNAS Community.
It's very likely I'll be back on here when I've had my experiences and there's been quite a bit since the last post.
The Bolt can just a bit of all pretty good and I'm probably it move somewhere else. Now I have the flexibility to try different things, also because I ordered the sensor package.

I'm probably "soon" so far that I can switch the network productively, from then it goes on with the NAS. I Will then (hopefully) document everything on GitHub (if only just for me to know later why I had done what :rolleyes:).

Thanks for the support and have a nice Sunday evening.

Back