Emerald

You can type:
Code:
gconftool-2 --get /apps/compiz/general/allscreens/options/active_plugins
and see if "decoration" appears !

Nicolas.

Run 'ccsm' in a terminal. Look for the window decoration plugin and make sure there is a check in the box next to it.

Adam

gconftool-2 --get /apps/compiz/general/allscreens/options/active_plugins

[core,annotate,clone,commands,dbus,fs,glib,gnomecompat,inotify,minimize,place,png,regex,resize,screenshot,svg,water,zoom,mousepoll,put,session,vpswitch,winrules,workarounds,imgjpeg,resizeinfo,text,crashhandler,extrawm,fadedesktop,firepaint,grid,maximumize,mblur,splash,widget,wallpaper,notification,elements,fakeargb,mswitch,snow,tile,decoration,animation,ring,shift,snap,thumbnail,wall,loginout,shelf,animationaddon,blur,obs,video,wobbly,colorfilter,neg,bicubic,reflex,fade,move,opacify,addhelper,showdesktop,trailfocus,group,cube,rotate,scale,mag,scaleaddon,gears,cubeaddon,scalefilter,showmouse,3d,atlantis,cubemodel,expo,ezoom,staticswitcher,switcher,bench]

$ sysctl hw.nvidia.cards.0.model
hw.nvidia.cards.0.model: GeForce 7050 PV / NVIDIA nForce 630a

Ok i find window decoration plugin i chek its work. but i can't go in applications->internet menu because the internet menu is black all browser i have is black too. system->preferences menu is black to and a couple of application too. Thanks for all yours help it very use full.and thanks dfor futur help.

Is the "move window" plugin enabled in ccsm? Also, bring up a terminal and run 'glxinfo' and show us the output.

Adam

I'll be a corpse when you've finished with this :e

Start nvidia-settings as root and you can find all the information you need. Also minimize the activated plugins to a minimum...

Code:
$ gconftool-2 --get /apps/compiz/general/allscreens/options/active_plugins
[[B]core,decoration,move,regex,resize,vpswitch,cube,rotate,switcher,cubeaddon[/B]]
$

I can't install need glx i try to install libgl ist already there i chec and is not on th system I deinstall it and reinstall it same thing is not install.

name of display: :0.0
Error: couldn't find RGB GLX visual or fbconfig

adamk said:
Is the window decoration plugin enabled?

Thanks for this hint. It does seem rather counter-intuitive that this isn't set by default, although from memory none of compiz's configuration options were enabled after I installed the compiz-fusion port.

This is my first experience with compiz etc, so I don't know whether anything has changed in that regard, but from this page:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/articles/compiz-fusion/compiz-fusion.html

I'm guessing that something probably has changed since there's no indication given there that the desktop will become almost unusable once emerald is started (in Gnome, anyway).

Back