editors/nano ports

On nano 2.2.3 I noticed the ctrl-v (page down) function is broken, changes in the 2.2.3 changelog shows a change related to this feature.

The problem is basically if the cursor is anywhere but on the top line position in the window then page down no longer goes down a full page, so for example if the cursor is 5 lines from the bottom them page down only moves down 5 lines instead of a full page, if the cursor is at the bottom page down doesnt do anything at all.

When I contacted the author of nano he blamed freebsd saying that somehow messed it up, I am curious of any other opinions on this, but to me it seems the change he made has had unintended consequences so is a new bug in nano.

as it stands its very annoying and I intend to use portdowngrade to roll it back to 2.2.2 on all my servers.

If you go to their site you can see the CVS logs for all the files. Look in src/move.c. Not a lot has changed and only two lines were removed. You could try this:

Code:
cd /usr/ports/editors/nano
make extract

Now navigate to work/src/move.c and add those lines again. Continue building the port with make and make install.

No idea if this would work though but you could give it a shot.

I have already used portdowngrade on a few servers but not all yet, so will try this and let you know. thanks.

Back