Dual Boot Window 10

Dear All,
I have installed FreeBSD 12 but it corrupted my MBR and now i cannot even boot into windows 10. What can be done to rescue it?
Please help. Thanks.

if you have familiar by FreeBSD use this links to solve your problem
you can solve this problem by Linux LiveCD.

You do not give us enough information to be precise with the commands you need

I suppose that every time you turn on the PC, it starts FreeBSD, that you have 1 disk, Windows 10 in partition 1 and FreeBSD in partition 2.

You claim that your disk uses MBR, so it is possible that all you need is to activate the Windows partition to boo it again.

To activate the partition 1, use the command gpart set -a active -i 1 ada0

Before you issue the command, read the manual gpart(8) to make sure that the parameters are correct

If you plan to have 2 OS (dual boot), you will need a boot manager to select which OS boot every time you boot your PC.

You can use the boot manager that comes with FreeBSD (BootEasy), to activate it, use gpart bootcode -b /boot/boot0 ada0

I have similar problem also.
I installed FreeBSD 12 along with Windows 10. My laptop usage MBR.
After installation used below command
boot0cfg -B ada0
boot0cfg -m 0x5 ada0
After restart below option appears.
F1 Win
F3 FeeBSD
F6 PXE

FreeBSD does not boot/hangs when pressing F3 but Windows10 boots when pressing F1.

Even tried gpart bootcode -b /boot/boot0 ada0 but still same problem. Please help.

gpart showcommand info
gpart4.jpg

Sector partition during installation
fbsd_partition3.jpg

I had always heard that, when Windows is installed, it always thinks it's the only OS on the disk and will wipe out everything else so it needs to be installed first but I don't know about today. I always consider dual booting silly.

My wife wanted Netflix, so I had installed 2 SSDs (128 gigs each) on my box (dual core), I put devuan on one, and freebsd on the other. I'm using UEFI Legacy BIOS, each one on its own ssd. Works fine for me, I am too old, to be monkeeing around. To boot just press F11 at boot time and choose the one you want. Just a thought...

P.S. I got devuan as the default so she can go straight to netflix, and then I choose when it's my turn: freebsd. clear as mud?

Back