Drivers For amd

Hello, i'm new to freebsd , where i can get install drivers for my AMD Radeon PRO W6800 , i'm new i can't find it =( and sorry if my post is in the wrong place.

I'm completely lost when it comes to AMD graphics drivers, so I'm not sure if your specific card is supported. But the driver to install for Intel or AMD graphics is graphics/drm-kmod.

pkg install gpu-firmware-amd-kmod-sienna-cichlid drm-515-kmod xf86-video-amdgpu should do it.

SirDice - find the card on TechPowerUp, find the "graphics processor" value at the top. Google that and append techpowerup (shame it's not a link) - the flavour of the gpu-firmware-amd-kmod package is the "codename" it would appear

Yeah, but knowing the codename doesn't help me much, although I could check for the existence of that specific firmware. Still don't know if something is supported by DRM 5.10, 5.15 or 6.0 though. It's difficult to find out which cards are supported by which version.

Still don't know if something is supported by DRM 5.10, 5.15 or 6.0 though. It's difficult to find out which cards are supported by which version.
I thought I knew how to handle my AMD drivers then reading your message just get me confused.
On 13.2 there is only drm-510-kmod available so no hesitation, but on 14 I see that drm-510-kmod AND drm-515-kmod are available.
Yeah not easy to find out what one needs without testing I guess ?

Yeah, but knowing the codename doesn't help me much, although I could check for the existence of that specific firmware. Still don't know if something is supported by DRM 5.10, 5.15 or 6.0 though. It's difficult to find out which cards are supported by which version.

DRM 5.15 is 5 better than DRM 5.10. 🤷‍♂️

I think 5.15 depends on stuff in the 14.0 kernel specifically. It's more the "motherboard" side of the system whereas the firmware is just the video card stuff which doesn't change based on DRM version (in my Computers by Lego for Dummies mentality).

On 13.2 there is only drm-510-kmod available so no hesitation, but on 14 I see that drm-510-kmod AND drm-515-kmod are available.
Yes, 5.15 requires at least 14.0, 6.0 is only available for -CURRENT as far as I know. Different versions of the DRM driver support different cards, higher versions have support for newer cards.

Thank you all very much, and I'm so sorry for bothering you with this question, I work a lot in blender, that's why I used graphics card, and I'm very tired of windows =( and again thank you very much, I will install it and see what happen =)

Back