driver rtw88 wifi RTL8821CE

Well, I started reading and besides adding to /boot/loader.conf → compat.linuxkpi.skb.mem_limit=1

and install by ports:

# cd /usr/ports/net/wifi-firmware-rtw88-kmod/ && make install clean

Also add to /etc/rc.conf:

kld_list="${kld_list} if_rtw88"

So far it's been almost 15 minutes with stable wifi connection.

I haven't touched that, as T-Daemon says:

devmatch(8) is enabled by default:
/etc/defaults/rc.conf:

devmatch_enable="YES" # Demand load kernel modules based on device ids.

bileslav
Just add the above to /etc/rc.conf:
Well, the point is that kld_list="${kld_list} if_rtw88" is needed only when one have devmatch_enable="NO". You don't need this with the default devmatch_enable="YES".

Well, the point is that kld_list="${kld_list} if_rtw88" is needed only when one have devmatch_enable="NO". You don't need this with the default devmatch_enable="YES".

It's true from what I've read and as you say, but it happens to work like that!

Even if it is not technically correct.

bileslav

I have just removed it from /etc/rc.conf and proved that it is not necessary to have it there, it makes no difference to downloads and system navigation.

Thanks for pointing out the error!

speed3.png
→ the signal works in that download range even though I am contracted for 100 MB download is not bad and stop using a wifi dongle on this Dell. I also tried installing Freebsd 14.1 on an Asus with the same wifi card but couldn't get it to work.

Code:
rtw880@pci0:2:0:0:    class=0x028000 rev=0x00 hdr=0x00 vendor=0x10ec device=0xc821 subvendor=0x10ec subdevice=0xc828
    vendor     = 'Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd.'
    device     = 'RTL8821CE 802.11ac PCIe Wireless Network Adapter'
    class      = network

Well, I started reading and besides adding to /boot/loader.conf → compat.linuxkpi.skb.mem_limit=1

and install by ports:

# cd /usr/ports/net/wifi-firmware-rtw88-kmod/ && make install clean

Also add to /etc/rc.conf:

So far it's been almost 15 minutes with stable wifi connection.
thanks for this.
so far so good on my end
but like you, my 100mbps is limited to 20mbps.
but at least it works:cool:

I also tried installing Freebsd 14.1 on an Asus with the same wifi card but couldn't get it to work.

Code:
rtw880@pci0:2:0:0:    class=0x028000 rev=0x00 hdr=0x00 vendor=0x10ec device=0xc821 subvendor=0x11ad subdevice=0x0809
    vendor     = 'Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd.'
    device     = 'RTL8821CE 802.11ac PCIe Wireless Network Adapter'
    class      = network

Now it works on Asus, it was my typo.

Back