DragonFly master now runs on the Threadripper 2990WX.

Interesting how clang seem to be still slower than GCC. I would like to see some tests with FreeBSD built using those "advanced" proprietary compilers and with PCC, or the same tests on IBM Power9 with FreeBSD built with IBM XS compiler. But that is asking too much. :)

I would not be surprised if the gcc developers are pulling an intel the whole time...

Interesting how clang seem to be still slower than GCC. I would like to see some tests with FreeBSD built using those "advanced" proprietary compilers and with PCC, or the same tests on IBM Power9 with FreeBSD built with IBM XS compiler. But that is asking too much. :)

From what I saw with a brief glance at the article they were pretty close and superior in some things. On the interesting (to me--maybe to many of us) seems as if they're getting more interested in testing the BSDs, which can give us some rough indications of how it performs against various popular versions on Linux. Maybe such comparisons will become more and more popular and you'll be able to see such comparisons.

Back