Solved Dovecot 2.3.17 broken?

Upgrading to 2.3.17 from 2.3.16 via ports breaks Dovecot for me and these lines appear in dovecot.log:

Code:
Fatal: master: service(imap): child 8122 killed with signal 6 (core not dumped - https://dovecot.org/bugreport.html#coredumps - set service imap { drop_priv_before_exec=yes })
Panic: file array.c: line 10 (array_idx_modifiable_i): assertion failed: (idx < array->buffer->used / array->element_size)

Reverting back to 2.3.15 via packages fixed it. Wonder what went wrong there. It's the first time I remember software breaks like that. Usually it's a matter of old config settings, but this is something else...

Apparently got fixed in 2.3.17_1. I somehow missed that version. Re-running updates/upgrades brought 2.3.17 to 2.3.17_1 and it seems to be working fine so far.

Well duh, all my fault.
Code:
lmtp: Fatal: Dovecot version mismatch: Master is v2.3.15, lmtp is v2.3.17 (if you don't care, set version_ignore=yes)

Edit the title. To the left of the title is a drop down selector.

Upgrading to 2.3.17 from 2.3.16 via ports breaks Dovecot for me and these lines appear in dovecot.log:

Code:
Fatal: master: service(imap): child 8122 killed with signal 6 (core not dumped - https://dovecot.org/bugreport.html#coredumps - set service imap { drop_priv_before_exec=yes })
Panic: file array.c: line 10 (array_idx_modifiable_i): assertion failed: (idx < array->buffer->used / array->element_size)

Reverting back to 2.3.15 via packages fixed it. Wonder what went wrong there. It's the first time I remember software breaks like that. Usually it's a matter of old config settings, but this is something else...

I still have this problem with 2.3.17_1. I cannot revert via packages because I need mysql compiled into it.
Now working on a solution. Of course the one time I did not back-up. Lesson learned again :)

I still have this problem with 2.3.17_1. I cannot revert via packages because I need mysql compiled into it.
Now working on a solution. Of course the one time I did not back-up. Lesson learned again :)
Turned out the OP's problem was a version mismatch between Dovecot daemons. Did you kill and restart all Dovecot processes?

Just rebooted. I always do, it's just this time I thought I rebooted but never actually did.
Only dovecot acting like that after port (maybe package too) upgrades, I already stumbled on this behavior with earlier versions, it wasn't crashing but simply couldn't service connections.

Back