Does the FreeBSD support ServeRAID M5110 (LSI SAS2208 ROC)

Hi all,
I plan to install the FreeBSD on IBM x3550M4 which the RAID Controller is ServeRAID M5110 (LSI SAS2208 ROC).
When the FreeBSD 9.0 installing, it shows that the driver load error:
Code:
 mpt0: <LSILogic SAS/SATA Adapter> Port 0x3000-0x30ff mem 0x91d40000-0x91d00000 irg 42 at device 0.0 on pci27
mpt0: soft reset failed: device not running

Who knows how to support the adapter on the FreeBSD?

FreeBSD 9.0 Install hang on LSI SAS2208

Not to be a 'me too' type of poster -- but I'm literally in the same boat. I'm attempting to install Freebsd 9.0 onto a Super Micro X9DRH-7 that has the same LSI SAS 2208.... I get the annoying hang "failed soft reset... device not running"... then "failed hard reset.... device not running" error during the installer bootup.

I got around this as a test by disabling that onboard LSI controller. The installer CD/DVD now boots up just fine (no drives to install to of course).

Is there an unpublished update, etc?

thanks in advance for one heck of a good O/S/Kernel :)

I'm getting exactly the same error with an Intel RAID Controller RS25DB080. I've just updated from 9 to 9.1-RC1 and the error persists. Tried FreeBSD 8 and controller firmware update as well, but no success.

Any chances to get this working?

Which version of FreeBSD are you trying?

Actually, my solution was to replace this controller for an LSI as I was really needing to get the server working ASAP. Tried everything I could but no success. Maybe the last version should work.

Back