Does anyone working on ath10k driver?

My new laptop uses Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 Wireless Network Adapter, which is a kind of ath10k family which FreeBSD currently doesn't support.
if someone is working for that, I'll wait for it. otherwise, I have to buy USB network dongle.

I have a laptop (HP Spectre x360 13-p0043dx) with an Intel AC-9560 and I use a Realtek USB dongle (Edimax EW-7811Un) for Wi-Fi. The Edimax/Realtek dongle isn't the most reliable but throughput is better than that of iwm on previous laptops.

I have a laptop (HP Spectre x360 13-p0043dx) with an Intel AC-9560 and I use a Realtek USB dongle (Edimax EW-7811Un) for Wi-Fi. The Edimax/Realtek dongle isn't the most reliable but throughput is better than that of iwm on previous laptops.

What kind of speed/output do you get from the dongle? Im struggling with iwm on my Lenovo T470, 5mbit at max and 0.5 upload.. A bit annoying when Im sitting at home on a 500mbit connection..

On my LAN, I get about 2-6 MB from an Intel 7260 on FreeBSD. (vs 30-50MB with Linux). So I don't think that speed is necessarily slow for FreeBSD. With my own LAN, I usually get 2-5 MB on FreeBSD vs 30-50 MB with Linux. (Same card, same machine).

^ A capital (B) usually stands for byte(s) so he probably means 2-6 megabytes.

I know but I wanted to confirm it because I have the same results, almost but in mbit ( both freebsd and linux ). And the same card. Because 50megabyte/s on wifi is quite good, that would equal 400mbit+-

Not necessarily. I was using an Intel card, the 7260. I mentioned my experience just to say that to to my knowledge, FreeBSD hasn't yet achieved the sort of wireless speed one can get with Linux.

Back