Does anyone of you use Kakoune or Helix?

I am still in the quest of finding an editor the I really like, so far I am using VSCode/VSCodium but it plays nicely on an big screen not on mine 11" crapbook.
I need an editor that support LSP and Schema/RelaxNG, at the beginning I was using Emacs but it didn't ignite the spark and I went for VSCode, which is nice but it feels like a browser because it is an electron base application, and this doesn't play very well on my crapbook too.

Some months ago I read an article confronting Kakoune and Helix and I started lurking on them: both are pure editors, not like Emacs, and both support LSP and Schema, both are multi-platform (at least Linux and FreeBSD) and are well supported by FreeBSD (better than Debian for instance).

I have installed both but since I am very bad at VI/VIM I really can't decide which chose since both are very close to each other.
Actually that article was promoting Kakoune over Helix but I do not remember the reasons, perhaps because the former is more modular and extensible.

If you use one of them or both which would you recommend or not recommend at all?

Thanks! 🙏

I use 3 editors and they all serve different purpose:

• nano: for a very fast edit and save.
  • Helix (hx): for medium and heavy editing, line numbers, multiple line deletion with two key presses, popup menu, etc.
  • VSCodium: intellisense, working on large projects with multiple folders/files in one place, opening files in multiple tabs for fast switching, great deal of extensions, etc.

Back