Do you want NVENC?

(looking at the thread in question) We need use cases, a few concrete complaints are much better than a generic bot-like pileup.

This is temporary global world problem (economic, coronovirus, confrontation of countries). Just wait...
At least we have Heroes III Hota ;)

All FreeBSD distributions are stored on servers in the cloud. It is reliable. Also, work can be continued along the drm-kmod path (if possible)

Dunno what's up with that... I'm under impression that as long as you have Nvidia drivers installed, you can use nvenc just fine... multimedia/ffmpeg and multimedia/handbrake can be compiled with support for nvenc just fine. Please reply and correct me if that's not the case. Besides, Nvidia's stuff has traditionally worked very well under FreeBSD, even better than AMD. And this is coming from someone who has an all-AMD FreeBSD 13-RELEASE setup that actually works great.

I'm under impression that as long as you have Nvidia drivers installed, you can use nvenc just fine... multimedia/ffmpeg and multimedia/handbrake can be compiled with support for nvenc just fine. Please reply and correct me if that's not the case.
Do you ever verify your claims? It's not there by default and it won't run if you simply compile it, although NVENC depends on a dedicated hardware codec it still requires CUDA (at least) for initialization. That means you need the aforementioned kernel driver patch in addition to the libnvidia-encode.so and libcuda.so libraries.

Back