Solved disks errors or warnings

since FreeBSD 13 I got this messages, in various machines
I change the sata cables but still got the warning persists

Code:
Feb 22 12:31:23 BSD@Work kernel: (ada2:ata4:0:0:0): WRITE_DMA48. ACB: 35 00 70 b9 02 40 ce 01 00 00 00 01
Feb 22 12:31:23 BSD@Work kernel: (ada2:ata4:0:0:0): CAM status: Command timeout
Feb 22 12:31:23 BSD@Work kernel: (ada2:ata4:0:0:0): Retrying command, 3 more tries remain

I check it out in a fresh instalation of FreeBSD 13.1 and again this messages

should I worry about?

Timeout on SATA can be caused by disk internal errors. Your lack of SMART problems seems to indicate that this is not the root cause. But it is more commonly caused by power supply issues to the disks, or wiring problems. You already replaced the SATA cables once. Perhaps your motherboard or disk is finicky, and the new cables are not particularly better? Can you try a different power supply, or check and improve the power wiring? Does the problem occur only under intense workload (which might indicate a weak power supply)?

Timeout on SATA can be caused by disk internal errors. Your lack of SMART problems seems to indicate that this is not the root cause. But it is more commonly caused by power supply issues to the disks, or wiring problems. You already replaced the SATA cables once. Perhaps your motherboard or disk is finicky, and the new cables are not particularly better? Can you try a different power supply, or check and improve the power wiring? Does the problem occur only under intense workload (which might indicate a weak power supply)?
you are right , the problem was the power supply (and I change the sata cables again)
for now,no warnings..and I run the long test in smart , and some tests with dd
offtopic...now there is a new package
Code:
ssd_report-smartmontools
if anybody knows how to use it please tell me 🤣

It's a flavor of sysutils/ssd_report. Not new, it was added to the ports tree almost 5 years ago. Home page seems to run on an old SSL/TLS certificate though, my browser refuses to open it, so I can't tell you what it does. Should have some documentation in /usr/local/share/doc/.

Code:
do-install-DOCS-on:
	@${MKDIR} ${STAGEDIR}${DOCSDIR}
	${INSTALL_DATA} ${PORTDOCS:S,^,${WRKSRC}/,} ${STAGEDIR}${DOCSDIR}

Back