Disabling HP systray.py?

Is there a way to keep systray.py from starting? I'm running KDE/Plasma5, and when the systray starts, nothing ever shows up in my tray, but the systray.py process will sit there and run, eating 100% of one core. I have tried writing /dev/null to the file, as well as emptying it and making it immutable, but when a new version comes out, pkg removes the immutable flag to upgrade it.

So is there a way to disable the systray without removing the hplip package, which I need to be able to print?

Thanks,
--vr

Is there a way to keep systray.py from starting? I'm running KDE/Plasma5, and when the systray starts, nothing ever shows up in my tray, but the systray.py process will sit there and run, eating 100% of one core. I have tried writing /dev/null to the file, as well as emptying it and making it immutable, but when a new version comes out, pkg removes the immutable flag to upgrade it.

So is there a way to disable the systray without removing the hplip package, which I need to be able to print?

Thanks,
--vr
I may be incorrect but you should be able to remove every widget in edit mode. You can have nothing on the desktop if you want and only include the widgets that you need.

I may be incorrect but you should be able to remove every widget in edit mode. You can have nothing on the desktop if you want and only include the widgets that you need.
Thanks LibreQuest...I disabled "printers" we'll see if systray still tries to start up. I'm concerned that poorly behaved HP software will try to start up anyway... But we shall see. :)

Back