Digital TV, Hadware modules for DVB

I'm new to Freebsd, and installed it via Furybsd to have a graphical interface, not found the way to setup xorg correctly for my hardware.
I have Updated the system to latest 12.2
uname -a : FreeBSD furybsd 12.2-RELEASE FreeBSD 12.2-RELEASE r366954 GENERIC amd64.
My problem is to detect my peripherals as dvb devices, they work perfectly under Linux and Windows.

First is a pci device technotrend S3-3200 (DVB-S2) :
pciconf -lv:
Code:
none1@pci0:5:2:0:       class=0x048000 card=0x101913c2 chip=0x71461131 rev=0x01 hdr=0x00
    vendor     = 'Philips Semiconductors'
device = 'SAA7146'
class = multimedia
Second one is a DVB-T usb device (PCTV 200e) vendor: 2304 ID: 020E
I have a look here : https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/digital-tv-dvb-atsc-on-freebsd-a-small-guide.35179/

So first I have add webcamd_enable="YES" in /etc/rc.conf -> still no /dev/dvb devices
Secondly seems no more w_scan available ?
Code:
pkg install w_scan
Updating FreeBSD repository catalogue...
FreeBSD repository is up to date.
All repositories are up to date.
pkg: No packages available to install matching 'w_scan' have been found in the repositories
I have installed Vlc, Tvheadend and for sure no dvb devices...

How to solve the problems in right way ?

Thanks for the answers. Yep w_scan2 is installed now, but didn't adapters too:
w_scan2 -c FR
w_scan2 version 1.0.9 (compiled for DVB API 5.11)
using settings for FRANCE
DVB aerial
DVB-T FR
scan type TERRESTRIAL, delivery system SYS_UNDEFINED, channellist 5
output format vdr-2.0
WARNING: could not guess your codepage. Falling back to 'UTF-8'
output charset 'UTF-8', use -C <charset> to override
Info: using DVB adapter auto detection.
main:4767: FATAL: ***** NO USEABLE TERRESTRIAL CARD FOUND. *****
Please check wether dvb driver is loaded and
verify that no dvb application (i.e. vdr) is running.

I reboot to try c88

Same with c88 installed, and my device wasn't in list..
main:4767: FATAL: ***** NO USEABLE TERRESTRIAL CARD FOUND. *****

No idea how to build the modules (terrestrial and satellite ones) ?
ps: under linux Terrestrial one is build via Dkms, the Satellite one is in linux kernal but I patch it too via dkms.

No idea how to build the modules (terrestrial and satellite ones) ?
ps: under linux Terrestrial one is build via Dkms, the Satellite one is in linux kernal but I patch it too via dkms.
Webcamd provides user-space drivers, not kernel drivers. You can't use Linux kernel drivers on FreeBSD because the kernels work in different ways.

With regards to webcamd(8), did you enable cuse(3) too?

Code:
   webcamd requires the cuse(3) kernel module.  To load the driver as	a mod-
     ule at boot time, place the following line	in loader.conf(5):

cuse_load="YES"

To	start webcamd automatically at system startup, place the following
     line in rc.conf(5):

webcamd_enable="YES"

Thanks for details. I have found the file location, added the line, reboot but didn't help, no DVB device.

I've found traces on the net concerning the chip-set in my satellite card:
Is all this stuff removed ?

Hum yes, Is use Tvheadend under Linux, I have installed it here. But the problem will be the same : no device driver for Freebsd. I think I will keep my Linux for DVB, waiting for a better idea....

A long time ago I used to have a Hauppauge TV card with the BT848 chipset on FreeBSD using brooktree(4) and as far as I know that was the only driver that was ever included. There were some drivers in the ports tree for newer type cards if I remember correctly. Not sure what happened to them or if they're still around.

Yes i know my cards are quite old, i must change the terrestrial one for DVB-T2 that come in few years.
But some points surprises me.
1) there are only USB devices listed for DVB in webcamd : https://wiki.freebsd.org/WebcamCompat
2) in this list there is a device called S2-3600 from Technotrend, it has exactly same front-end (STB6100) and exactly same demodulator (STB0899) as my S2-3200.
Look at here :
https://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/TechnoTrend_TT-budget_S2-3200 (pci version , mine)
https://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/TechnoTrend_TT-connect_S2-3600 (usb version)

-> Does it mean there is no solution for PCI / PCIe DVB cards and Freebsd ?

Does it mean there is no solution for PCI / PCIe DVB cards and Freebsd ?
I'm not 100% sure but I do believe it doesn't matter if the cards are USB or PCI/PCIe. There may be some other people around that know for sure. I do remember posts about DVB cards here, you may have to search for those. I can't remember everything that's been posted here in the past 10 years ;)

Normally yes it doesn't matter, but one thing is sure, it does not find the satellite card too. An I think I have all the settings correct now

Coming late to this thread... but lets see if I get anywhere.

I'm trying to use a USB PCTV adapter with FreeBSD but not sure what to try,

The adapter is recognised:
ugen1.3: <PCTV PCTV 461> at usbus1, cfg=0 md=HOST spd=HIGH (480Mbps) pwr=ON (500mA)

Bus /dev/usb Device /dev/ugen1.3: ID 2013:0258 PCTV Systems

webcamd is in rc.conf and cuse in loader.conf

Webcam and DVB Compatibility List

mentions PCTV DVB-S2 Stick 460e (identifies as "PCTV Systems" "PCTV 460e")

not the same but closest I could find.

It looks like I also need em28xx and dvb-fe-tda10071.fw to make progress. Not sure where to find these.

Seems I've been down this path before but without success.

balanga said:
It looks like I also need em28xx and dvb-fe-tda10071.fw to make progress. Not sure where to find these.

Forgot to mention that, sorry. Depending on the hardware some devices (pci and usb) need firmware. I found mine using this page, it contains various links to firmware files. The firmware .fw files need to be in /boot/modules. If webcamd doesn't recognise your device or if firmware files are missing, /dev/dvb/adapter0 will not be created and w_scan2 will produce an error like 'no dvb driver loaded' as mentioned earlier in this thread.

Back