• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Developer tag?

Maelstorm

How does one go about getting the developer tag attached to their username here on the forums?

wblock@

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Developer

Become a committer and get an email address @FreeBSD.org. :)

Maelstorm

Ok. Then how does one become a committer then? I am competent in C and somewhat in C++.

drhowarddrfine

Daemon

This information is posted somewhere but you don't become a committer by filling out a form. That's true for all open source projects.

Generally, and not specific to FreeBSD, you have to prove your worth and abilities in some way by making contributions. Then you must be nominated and supported by at least one, probably two, other committers. This takes time and effort.

SirDice

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

You don't need to be a committer to provide patches or solutions. If you're serious about getting involved have a look through the bugs database and see if you can fix some. Then provide patches for the PR. If you do this often enough and provide good, solid, patches someone will notice ;)

Carpetsmoker

Daemon

Ok. Then how does one become a committer then? I am competent in C and somewhat in C++.
I can make you a commiter for $1,995. Please email me for details.