Solved Delay of 13.0 Release

Application Binary Interface changes lots of things going on from code freeze
One I ran in to usb image install boot works but buildworld with buildkernel does not boot

I personally wonder if it might be worth holding off until the ports transition to git is finished. I think it's pretty close.

Oh, I'm fine with it as well, it's just very uncommon ;)
Actually, no, it’s not that uncommon. It already happened several times in the past that a release got delayed, and/or that additional RCs were produced, or even additional BETAs. In the past century there were even GAMMA builds sometimes.

Maybe should have called it FreeBSD 14 - just saying... 13's unlucky, right :)
Depends on your cultural background and personal attitude. For some people, 13 is a lucky number. And in many East Asian cultures, it’s the number 4 that is considered unlucky, while the number 13 has no special connotation.

Personally I don’t believe in lucky or unlucky numbers. It’s just superstition.
Don’t let numbers control your life.

Depends on your cultural background and personal attitude. For some people, 13 is a lucky number. And in many East Asian cultures, it’s the number 4 that is considered unlucky, while the number 13 has no special connotation.
I have noticed in computing industry that products with prime version or product numbers are luckier than other. 13 is a prime number 😎

Actually, no, it’s not that uncommon. It already happened several times in the past that a release got delayed, and/or that additional RCs were produced, or even additional BETAs. In the past century there were even GAMMA builds sometimes.
From the release schedules I can find on the website, it does look somewhat uncommon, but admittedly, that's only as far back as 10.0 (which is the only other one with an -RC5) in 2014 :)

I'm already running it for a few days, but built from source… after all, the release tag is there, and GPG-signed:

BUT: The release process is only finished once the official announcement mail is out. So I wouldn't recommend picking up any installer images that might pop up earlier, they still could be "wrong". Actually, even an urgent last-minute change to the source might still be possible, although unlikely ;)

Back